Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Right's true opposition to CRT?
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT?
(August 1, 2021 at 8:22 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Well, I certainly do not speak all socially conservative folks, I do have my own reasons for explicitly opposing CRT. Not that I am particularly committed to my position…meaning I am open to revising my understanding after hearing alternative perspectives.

The first reason, which is not so much a reason as a visceral reaction to adults ruining the innocence of children. IMHO it the obligation of adults to preserve that innocence through childhood and not selfishly inject adult political concerns about race, class, sexuality so inappropriately early into the minds of the young.

The second is that I feel the same way about CRT as I do about Young Earth Creationism (YEC). Both are intellectual-sounding justifications for a cherished belief systems. CRT proponents are even worse because they invent obfuscating jargon and like Humpty-Dumpty multiply the meanings of words to signify anything they want.

Thirdly, I truly believe that race is an accidental feature of person and not essential to their worth as a human being. As far as I can tell, CRT proponents teach otherwise and I consider such teachings, even if only tacitly promoted, racist and corrosive to a civil society. IMO, the last thing this country needs is more consciousness of race based on pseudo-scientific notions from the 19th century.

I believe that 3 of these comments were excellently addressed by rev rye.  I would like to focus on the last.  So, I wonder if you are saying that you don't like the idea of real and truthful historical events being taught to children (and we'll assume it is of an appropriate age).  For example; were you aware that in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, black inventors were significantly less likely to be awarded patents and were more likely to have their inventions stolen by white people?  This is a publicly documented fact now although I didn't hear of it until just a few years ago.  Do you believe this practice of oppressing black inventors has no repercussions to people living today?  Is it your opinion that this kind of history is too divisive for children to learn about?  Now consider that this is but one of hundreds of different forms of oppression that blacks faced as they were trying to integrate into a society that they did not choose for themselves.  And lastly, let me ask you, as a Christian, did you learn of the oppression that early Christians faced as your religion struggled to gain acceptance in the classical world?  Have you been told stories of Christian persecution in countries like Russia or China?  Do you consider those just as divisive to modern society and based on pseudo-scientific, medieval notions?

Quote:
(August 1, 2021 at 7:02 pm)Mermaid Wrote: Listen to black people. Really really listen to them. Believe what they say.
That is racist statement. It assumes that all black people must have the same opinions. They do not.

That was a pretty obfuscating comment, Neo.  The point was that when a fellow American says they are experiencing oppression (of any kind), perhaps others should listen and determine what is going on instead of automatically dismissing their concerns.  Your comment was a biased response; it side stepped any real evaluation of the question.  Any honest consideration of the question reveals that it is clearly a valid one.  Let's put this question in a different context.  Christians are often quoted claiming that they feel oppressed and/or persecuted in the United States.  If I said, we should listen to Christians and believe what they say, would you respond by saying that's a biased statement and it assumes all Christians have the same opinions?

(August 1, 2021 at 11:51 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Systemic racism and crt aren't about every white man being a klansman OLB.  That's just what your klansman buddies think it's about.  

If our country were a car, that car is and has been built in such a way that it can and will mow down brown people even without a klansman behind the wheel.  Unfortunately, we'll never get around to checking under the hood on account of how the mechanics keep getting triggered everytime we describe the problem - blurting out that they're not klansman, like common klansmen.

I give this comment a Gold Medal for its originality and imagination while preserving absolute accuracy of the issue!

I believe I will quote this every time I hear someone bitch about CRT from now on.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller

Messages In This Thread
The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Jehanne - July 31, 2021 at 12:27 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Mermaid - July 31, 2021 at 6:58 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by onlinebiker - August 1, 2021 at 10:45 am
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Mermaid - August 1, 2021 at 12:48 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by onlinebiker - August 1, 2021 at 2:18 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Angrboda - August 1, 2021 at 3:00 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Mermaid - August 1, 2021 at 3:30 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by onlinebiker - August 1, 2021 at 4:58 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Mermaid - August 1, 2021 at 7:02 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Mermaid - August 1, 2021 at 7:51 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by GUBU - July 31, 2021 at 4:40 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Jehanne - July 31, 2021 at 5:26 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Rev. Rye - July 31, 2021 at 5:42 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by no one - July 31, 2021 at 8:05 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Rev. Rye - July 31, 2021 at 8:15 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by no one - August 1, 2021 at 9:51 am
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Angrboda - August 1, 2021 at 10:01 am
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Angrboda - August 1, 2021 at 12:57 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Rev. Rye - August 1, 2021 at 1:24 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Rev. Rye - August 1, 2021 at 4:01 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Rev. Rye - August 1, 2021 at 5:21 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Angrboda - August 1, 2021 at 7:42 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Spongebob - August 2, 2021 at 11:49 am
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Rev. Rye - August 1, 2021 at 8:51 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Mermaid - August 2, 2021 at 12:54 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Rev. Rye - August 2, 2021 at 5:19 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Foxaèr - August 2, 2021 at 10:09 pm
RE: The Right's true opposition to CRT? - by Spongebob - August 3, 2021 at 7:47 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  True Enough - Because Jesus Is An Embarrassment To Them Minimalist 8 1160 November 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  White liberals are the true racists Sammin 55 4359 October 23, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Paul Ryan Wants To Move Back To His Two True Loves. Minimalist 16 2980 July 30, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Too Funny, But Too True Minimalist 3 1111 May 30, 2017 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  It's True. You Can Tell A Lot About People Minimalist 12 1796 August 26, 2016 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ruth Bader Ginsburg Is A True American Hero Minimalist 13 1923 July 14, 2016 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Too Damn True Minimalist 0 637 November 11, 2015 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Sad but True Minimalist 1 691 September 15, 2014 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Murder of opposition figure sparks anti islamist protests in Tunisia Something completely different 0 1967 July 26, 2013 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  How you can make A THEIST's dream come true! Whateverist 34 10938 August 21, 2012 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Whateverist