Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 3:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a Moderate Form of Political Islam?
RE: Is there a Moderate Form of Political Islam?
- I don’t think the Attitude of the US is high-handed. Almost all NATO countries are getting (and co-producing) F-35’s (to the Exception of the Republic of Turkey of course Smile )

- On Gulf States and other Arab states: On of the main competitor to the F-35 is the French Dassault Mirage and Rafalle plains. So this would be a very good option too. Right now we are stuck with F-16’s Smile Egypt or Pakistan would probably beat us in a hypothetical areal confrontation Smile

- I know that Pakistan bought some Chinese airplanes in the past, but I don’t know if the Chinese are selling J-20’s to anyone yet.

Russia is supplying some SU-35’s and later Mig’s to Iran. But right now they cannot produce next generation airplanes So Azerbaijan is getting interested in our Kaan fighter jet. See the Pakistani JF-17 Thunder is still a Pakistani + Chinese aircraft. It’s that type of technology. I am not commenting on it because I don’t know. But I guess it is probably a very nice machine as well. Kaan is still a western aircraft with western components (like its engine) that looks like the F-22 Raptor and it is being compared to the F-35 because many features are probably similar. With this aircraft having (reportedly) features that correspond more to the particular needs of our armed forces.

And this works for the famous Bayraktar attack drone as well (the Turkish drones that Ukrainians used in the early parts of 2022). The designer of these is a Turkish engineer living in the USA. You can even call it an American design because technically, that’s what it is Smile

The world is quickly becoming very multi polar in terms of newer weaponry. India is working on HAL Tejas, Japan that the 6th generation Mitsubishi FX, Korea has the Boramae “Fighting Falcon”.

So there are many options on the market. But you know: The Turkish President has been asking for Eurofighters in the earlier part of this year in Germany. The simple truth is that, Egypt is able to get Rafales aircraft. And we were only able to get modernization kits for F-16s (+ a few more new F-16’s).

This is all theory. But in a hypothetical confrontation Greece (which is 1/8th of Turkey in terms of population size) could quickly have an upper hand on Turkey in terms of aviation thanks to its newer and better managed defense strategies.

So if there was a Brazilian citizen in this Forum, I thinks we would be able to chat for hours on the similar wrong doings of our populist leaders (I am talking about the former president Jair Bolsonaro of course) Smile
[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a Moderate Form of Political Islam? - by Leonardo17 - March 8, 2024 at 10:46 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7934 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Islam is hostile, but there is also lots of bias from muslims and bigotry aswell Rolandson 7 2487 January 22, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Dear Moderate Muslims YahwehIsTheWay 48 6447 June 14, 2016 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  The 'moderate' side of Islam mralstoner 23 4177 December 11, 2015 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5525 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  The Myth of the Moderate Muslim? JesusHChrist 15 4412 January 6, 2014 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Rahul
  There are many homosexuals in Islam communities Vegamo 42 9326 December 6, 2013 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33935 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Moderate Islam? DeistPaladin 18 6744 October 28, 2010 at 7:16 am
Last Post: annatar