Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The question that shatters faith, forever.
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever.
(March 22, 2012 at 12:27 am)Drich Wrote: So your answer is peer pressure? The reason you can not believe in God is because what "others" (Who could hate God for all you know) would not think highly of you? Forgive me but how foolish is that? That is like not wanting to date someone you love because of what your friends think. Why does your life have to be approved by your peers? why can't you be your own person? (Remember this when you ask about us not being able to do what we want to do)
Actually, you are an indoctrinated (hence the doctrine of the gospel) Pure reason and evidence (which you have yet to provide (clue: 1 book, translated over and over again isn't evidence)
(March 22, 2012 at 12:27 am)Drich Wrote: You completely misunderstand. The verse i live by is 1thess 5:21 "Question ALL Things, and hold on to what id Good."

Actually since you don't know me, I'll explain former christians forced by fear of a parent(s) or social pressure (society which one lives) has been my experience. In addition to that experience and at least one atheist to rely upon in the family, I made questions to both xtians and the atheist. Reason one because it wins. Makes clear sense and aborts no reason, hence the choice not to have this fear which I experienced during my youth. As most religions are fear based. I checked into many.

(March 22, 2012 at 12:27 am)Drich Wrote: This means do not just question the questionable, question also the foundational. I have answers for people because i too have already asked those questions. I have literally reconstructed every principle apologetic teaching and doctrine and kept what is "good."

Where would the evidence be in these answers? By the by, hung out w/priests in my day too, not to mention a bishop or several. Not much you can say to me that can be backed by evidence only faith. Which is not questioning a damn thing.

Quote:Why, in Leviticus the original 'law's was slavery not abolished?
(March 22, 2012 at 12:27 am)Drich Wrote: Because Slavery is not a sin. Slavery sets a paradigm for the believer. One must become a slave to God. To be a proper slave one must understand the concept of slavery. Therefore we must have a biblical example/understanding of what a slave is.

Still no answer. Slavery is by reason/evidence an abominable practice. Therefore, immoral, certainly inhuman, and uncivilized.

(March 22, 2012 at 12:27 am)Drich Wrote: What is worse, 70 years of absolute pain or an eternity separated from God in Agonizing pain because that person fell into sin? If we live a life of "Managed pain" (For we will not be given more than we can bear) we can live an eternity in the expressed will of God with complete contentment because we will know what the fruit of sin is and will not be tempted by it as just about all sentients who were created in the presents of God were.

You are kidding, lmfao. Been separated from religion/theism for quite a while, feel peaceful, compassionate, loving and kind. Hmmm even recently became vegetarian due to what happens w/our meat.

Now, physical pain different, yeah today I get to visit a pain management Dr. Wonderful thing science.
"Religion is comparable to Childhood neurosis" Sigmond Freud

"If one wishes to form a true estimate of the full grandeur of religion, one must keep in mind what it undertakes to do for men. It gives them information about the source and origin of the universe, it assures them of protection and final happiness amid the changing vicissitudes of life, and it guides their thoughts and motions by means of precepts which are backed by the whole force of its authority."

SIGMUND FREUD, New Introductory Lectures on Psychoanalysis

"Religion is an illusion and it derives its strength from the fact that it falls in with our instinctual desires."

SIGMUND FREUD, New Introductory Lectures on Psychoanalysis

"Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck." George Carlin

"The Bible and the Church have been the greatest stumbling blocks in the way of women's emancipation." Elizabeth Cady Stanton - American Suffragist (1815-1902)

"Who loves kitty" Robin Williams live on Broadway DVD

"You cannot petition the lord with prayer" Jim Morrison The Soft Parade.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 11:24 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 11:38 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 11:32 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 11:49 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 11:56 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 11:59 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 12:22 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 19, 2012 at 8:17 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 8:21 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 19, 2012 at 8:26 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 19, 2012 at 8:31 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 19, 2012 at 11:04 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 20, 2012 at 6:07 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 21, 2012 at 2:57 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 21, 2012 at 7:37 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 22, 2012 at 12:27 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by LiberalHearted - March 22, 2012 at 3:56 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 22, 2012 at 8:15 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 20, 2012 at 8:46 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 23, 2012 at 8:36 am
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Drich - March 23, 2012 at 8:19 pm
RE: The question that shatters faith, forever. - by Phil - March 23, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13190 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11492 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 58480 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4463 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6207 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  why faith fails Drich 43 4382 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 23007 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Foxaèr 181 37867 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Exclamation The blind trust can lead to faith theBorg 63 8601 August 17, 2016 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Charged for "faith healing" over medical care Foxaèr 18 5069 October 16, 2015 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet