Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 4:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists; what do you base your morals on?
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on?
(March 15, 2013 at 12:17 pm)jstrodel Wrote: I know how the system is setup. You are not making any argument defending the current system, you are making an argument from authority. It is wrong to force people to pay for an education system that goes against the values God has given to people, and in a country that is 80% Christian, people have every right to challenge the way that the system is setup.

The facts go against God's values.

Quote:You are defending tyranny. I am not saying people should be forced to pay for a Christian education, but they should not be forced to pay for a secular education.

Then, go make your own country, in which it is desirable to raise children to be superstitious, uneducated idiots hopelessly unequipped for the real world. I don't want that shit in mine.

Quote:I challenge you to prove to me, based on a trans-cultural perception of ethics, why I should accept the present system, which taxes my money which I worked for and uses it to pay for things that are against the most important thing to me, my faith. Why should my money go to be used to promote liberalism? Why should I ethically, be obligated to pay for research and education that comes from a naturalistic perspective?

Nobody is forcing you to live here. Go live in a cave.

Quote:If you cannot prove this and still advocate it, you are an irrationalist and a tyrant.

You should accept it because you enjoy the benefits of living in such a society. You have the right to refuse those benefits of that society. You don't have the right to insist that society make exceptions for your backwards, idiot beliefs.

Quote:Of course paying taxes give you a voice in how they are spent. Do you know what the concept of citizenship is? The atheist fails to demonstrate the existence of absolute morals and proceeds to try and disenfranchise people so he can demand adherence to his worldview by force, not grounded in any conception of authority but grounded in his own will.

Asking an atheist to demonstrate the existence of absolute morality is like asking a Christian to prove the existence of Vishnu.

Quote:Why do you think Christians are pissed off about this? What do you expect? We built America. We built the universities. We built the schools. Every single US president has been Christian. Atheists build a political bloc through giving people the freedom to do whatever they want, they don't care that they have no moral authority, they don't care that they are nihilists, even if they say that they aren't all they care about is power, which shows where your mind is when you cite the Blacks Law Dictionary to try and prove an ethical dispute.

There is nothing as enjoyable as the impotent rage of someone whose quaint superstitions aren't taken seriously anymore.

Quote:The classic move of liberalism: when you get to an ethical question, use political/legal tools to deal with it.

The classic move of Christianity: when you get to an ethical question, make up the answer which best suits your desires, and subjugate and murder anyone who disagrees.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by Cinjin - March 11, 2013 at 11:32 am
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by Cinjin - March 11, 2013 at 12:21 pm
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by Tonus - March 15, 2013 at 12:11 pm
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by Ryantology - March 16, 2013 at 5:53 pm
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by C3P0 - March 15, 2013 at 4:10 pm
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by Nine - March 16, 2013 at 2:39 pm
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by Cato - March 17, 2013 at 1:01 am
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by Tonus - March 17, 2013 at 10:05 pm
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by smax - March 18, 2013 at 4:20 am
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by smax - March 19, 2013 at 11:11 pm
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by Tonus - March 22, 2013 at 10:35 pm
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by smax - March 23, 2013 at 3:56 am
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by smax - March 23, 2013 at 5:24 am
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by smax - March 23, 2013 at 6:06 am
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by smax - March 24, 2013 at 9:10 pm
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by smax - March 24, 2013 at 10:18 pm
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by smax - March 24, 2013 at 11:29 pm
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by smax - March 25, 2013 at 4:43 am
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by smax - March 25, 2013 at 8:05 am
Re: Atheists; what do you base your morals on? - by frz - March 18, 2013 at 11:27 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists, whats your view on "Stefan Molyneux" Aneiu1 1 581 November 13, 2021 at 7:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists: Your facade cant disguise Renio92 19 2270 September 2, 2020 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Atheists: What if Trump addressed your issues in America. Would you vote for him? Sanau 38 4826 March 30, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11578 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  What is your stance on magic fellow atheists ? tahaadi 42 4796 October 13, 2018 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2227 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Objective/subjective morals Jazzyj7 61 4709 February 19, 2018 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Your favorite atheists (Fictional or real) NuclearEnergy 48 9551 December 4, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Atheists, what are your thoughts on us Agnostics? NuclearEnergy 116 27413 November 30, 2017 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Subjective Morals and Societal Whims InteresedUser 114 31128 May 25, 2017 at 12:49 am
Last Post: Bunburryist