Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 7:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
creationist tried to tell me embrology doesn't support evolution.
RE: creationist tried to tell me embrology doesn't support evolution.
Now hold one on minute, Statler. I'm not attacking the validity of your argument, I'm attacking it's soundness.

You've asserted (amongst other things) the premise that "[t]he Biblical conceptual scheme and view of reality is logically cogent and consistent". You've also asserted that your argument is sound, which requires your premises to be true. By your own admission, you know this to be the case.

Yet, you've not made any attempt to demonstrate that the aforementioned premise is true, and as far as I can tell it's nothing but a presupposition.

As the truth value of that premise is not readily apparent (and in fact has the appearance to be manufactured from whole cloth), I cannot accept it as axiomatic. Therefore, the truth of it is going to need to be demonstrated in order to accept the soundness of your argument. Your protestations notwithstanding, it is your responsibility to demonstrate it's truth if you expect anyone to be convinced of it's soundness.

In addition, you've made no attempt to enumerate what your "Biblical conceptual scheme" encompasses. As there are numerous Biblical interpretations, all claiming to be true, without a thorough inventory of the specific claims that your view holds... Well, let's just say that it would be unreasonable to expect someone to attempt to refute an unknown set of claims. You yourself have said as much. (And before you start, I have made no claims, and have asked you to refute nothing, only to support your own claims.)

If you're unwilling or unable to do so, then this discussion is fruitless, as you've given me nothing but assertions, and nothing to argue against.

Your move, Statler.

Messages In This Thread
RE: creationist tried to tell me embrology doesn't support evolution. - by Jackalope - April 18, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some people believe that gravity doesn't exist notimportant1234 75 10139 October 19, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another one flying in the faces of creationist - Neanderthal and Homo Sapiens had sex abaris 8 1569 June 23, 2015 at 4:39 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Tell Us Something We Didn't Know Minimalist 23 5104 September 10, 2014 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Creationist Vs Scientist On Why Human Intelligence Is Declining Gooders1002 0 1170 March 29, 2014 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  It doesn’t matter what neuroscience has to say Mudhammam 11 3604 February 9, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Understanding the Creationist Propaganda Model Michael Schubert 33 10104 July 20, 2013 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  interviewing a creationist (painful) jackman 26 11857 June 21, 2012 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: liam
  Time lapse video from the ISS - It doesn't get any better than this! orogenicman 2 1594 November 15, 2011 at 3:03 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko