Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Fundies.....Hell is A Literary Construct, Too!
RE: Poor Fundies.....Hell is A Literary Construct, Too!
(May 20, 2013 at 3:56 pm)missluckie26 Wrote:
godschild Wrote:One that dies as an atheist will be spending eternity in hell, this is a reality that unbelief can not wipe away. I do not name a person nor point to a specific person, there is always time to change one's heart and mind.

I did not name you personally, however if it will please you I can. So if you missluckie26 continue on as you are you will spend eternity in hell, is that what you wanted to hear.

Hell threat # 400,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.2, and 3

Whose going in circles again?

I find it highly telling that you have no reply for anything that I said, besides "you're mentally off". Take a look in the god and imagination thread and see who thinks who is 'off'.

When the shoe fits.

(May 20, 2013 at 5:54 pm)ChadWooters Wrote:
(May 20, 2013 at 3:25 pm)Godschild Wrote: ...an atheist will be spending eternity in hell, this is a reality that unbelief can not wipe away.
Since I got myself into a pickle over this idea, I think it best to introduce some of the possible loopholes to this. The first is an RC idea: "perfect contrition". If a person recognizes that they are a sinner and in need of help then it is conceivable that God could show mercy on those who have not yet accepted Christ, but yearn for absolution. The second is Christ-incognito. Although a person believes themselves to be an atheist, they still value and believe in both goodness and truth. Following death they may be enlightened to learn that they were following Christ after all since He is both Goodness and Truth. Finally, there are the remnants of faith. Here an atheist may publicly profess his disbelief, but unknown to himself a lingering faith guides his life from within. Of course these are highly speculative and not explicitly presented in the Scriptures, but I think possible. So while the stubbornly godless who confirm that belief in their lives (like the anti-theists and militant atheist types) will certainly go to hell, I would be reluctant to say that to anyone else because in the end, only God knows how He will decide.

I know we do not agree on hell and as you yourself said what you purposed is not backed by scripture. No one who has the opportunity to hear the gospel of Christ and rejects it will be forgiven of their sin, for sin in this case is only forgiven through Christ. Scripture is quite clear that those found with sin will be in hell, and that only the blood of Christ can cover sin so it is as no more. As far as stating atheist will go to hell, I'm speaking of those who deny the Christ, there are those who never hear the gospel of Christ and thus have no chance to accept or reject Him, those the Father will deal with according to His will, those I understand about.
I do not know why 'missl' got upset, she all but begged to be told she was going to hell. So to try and help her out I did, and as far as I can remember she is the only one I've ever said that to. I do understand there is time for most to repent and accept Christ, I do not and have never nor ever will believe in predestination no matter who on this forum says I believe to the contrary. Free will does not permit predestination, and I firmly believe everyone has God given free will to the point of acceptance of Christ. After that all bets are off and I've stated that many times on this forum. God knows how we will choose yet gives everyone many chances to choose Christ, He will however use anyone to advance His will through human history. Choosing to accept Christ or reject Him is the one area God will not interfere in our choice. Just ask Paul, and he was more than elated that God interfered in His life.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poor Fundies.....Hell is A Literary Construct, Too! - by Godschild - May 21, 2013 at 2:28 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too Soon For a Lie YahwehIsTheWay 14 2662 December 5, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1521 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Christian answering questions too! PETE_ROSE 237 33754 May 10, 2016 at 5:19 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  The Poor Fucking Jesus Freaks... Minimalist 102 12910 April 22, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  The Fundies are Whining Again drfuzzy 20 3959 February 27, 2016 at 7:40 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Hey, Look! They Have Assholes In England, Too! Minimalist 8 2488 February 3, 2016 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Thumbs Down Bible says convert or kill the nonbelievers too. Thumbs down for Christianity... IanHulett 68 18330 January 5, 2016 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Drich
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 7010 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Sure some of you run into this too. Brian37 6 1928 April 26, 2015 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  This Could Have Gone in Damned Republicunts, too, but Minimalist 20 3125 February 27, 2015 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Losty