Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian answering questions too!
Christian answering questions too!
Hello and thank you all for having me in the forum.  I am new here and registered because I felt the urge to undertake a part in the great commission.  I have not failed to notice the application of Christianity from churches and organized religion is hypocritical, atrocious at times, and is rarely in line with the intent of the Bible and its Author.  It is with great consequence that people are influenced by the misguided and twisted forms Christ's message often comes in.  I hope to do better.  I am offering to answer, to the best of my ability, any question, on any topic that I feel remotely qualified to respond to.  Please refrain from cheap baiting attempts often used to trap someone into a play on words or the like and I will do the same.  If you have questions I will offer my thoughts.   I won't attempt to restrict the areas of conversation too much but I do ask that we remain respectful towards one another.  I would also ask that all questions regarding the Christian bible pertain to the KJV.  I will answer as promptly as 6 children, 2 careers, and a part time job will allow.

V/R

Pete
RE: Christian answering questions too!
How do you discern what is or is not a misguided Christian practice?
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
What flavour of Christian are you? Pentecostal, catholic Baptist, Jehovah
S witness Mormon or one of the other 5000 or so sects. Are you young earth creation, old earth creation or sane?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(May 1, 2016 at 3:36 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: What flavour of Christian are you? Pentecostal, catholic Baptist, Jehovah
S witness Mormon or one of the other 5000 or so sects. Are you young earth creation, old earth creation or sane?

This. It makes all the difference to know who we're talking with.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Hehe, being like the last one offering answers, crickets will soon be heard.

How fun it is to pretend to have answers?
How can I get grease stains out of upholstery?
Why do you seem to think that we haven't extensively studied the KJV? Most of the members here were raised xtian, you know. No "great commission" needed here, we are adults who are quite capable of researching what we do or do not believe for ourselves.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
I'd like to ask a Christian how Cthulhu Dreaming can get grease stains out of upholstery.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Horizontal or vertical rock crushery?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 1, 2016 at 3:33 pm)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: How do you discern what is or is not a misguided Christian practice?

Is the practice based in scripture.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89315 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Too Soon For a Lie YahwehIsTheWay 14 2623 December 5, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1500 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  questions for a christian lighthouse 43 8424 January 17, 2017 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Christian answering questions. Cherubim 541 49195 May 17, 2016 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The real "Christians answering questions" thread Foxaèr 17 2630 May 6, 2016 at 5:00 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hey, Look! They Have Assholes In England, Too! Minimalist 8 2483 February 3, 2016 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Thumbs Down Bible says convert or kill the nonbelievers too. Thumbs down for Christianity... IanHulett 68 18316 January 5, 2016 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Drich
  Sure some of you run into this too. Brian37 6 1926 April 26, 2015 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  This Could Have Gone in Damned Republicunts, too, but Minimalist 20 3117 February 27, 2015 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Losty