Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 5:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Muslims believed earth was spherical long before anybody mentions it.
RE: How Muslims believed earth was spherical long before anybody mentions it.
(March 18, 2015 at 2:33 pm)AtlasS2 Wrote: Brian37

Oh well I also shared my ideas with you didn't I ? to be as objective as possible.
And I did start over ; hence demolish the whole theory : the Quran is not the first book to say earth is spherical.
I didn't fuck your pov I actually agree on it !

Quote:Being mocked only means you got offended. "Social terrorism" is when you bully people into submission out of ego and fear of being wrong. Human rights are a given, but ideas, be they political religious or business models do not deserve blind value or taboos.

There are really oppressed humans in the world. Minority Muslims living under other Muslims, Christians, Jews, gays and atheist who ARE really oppressed depending where in the world they live. But if you are in a place where you are not forced to partake, and your government is not arresting you for making any claim on any subject, and someone is merely blasting it, YOU ARE NOT being bullied. It would merely mean you got your claim picked on.

It might be wise for those who thing blasphemy is a crime to talk to people who actually have been victims of mobs and government before they complain here in the west.

Mocking others is a type of that !
and again, if I mocked the idea of homosexuality for example, it will be a total different case.

The types of oppression you spoke about (which I'm going through btw) are not social terrorism, they are a crime against humanity. Yet, the mocking isn't actually better.

Heck, go see what bullying & mocking does to people, some turn into twisted motherfuckers and go on killing rampages. It is a nasty habit, that doesn't differ a lot from being a crime against yourself before it becomes a crime against others..

Mocking is a type of bullying -__-. Do you remember that fat kid in school who committed suicide ?

FatAndFaithless

-____-

No it is not. Our species goes about civility the wrong way and confuses blasphemy with bullying. It is precisely because people protect their egos instead of self introspection that criticism and blasphemy are needed.

EXAMPLE

This is not bullying.

Person A "The New York Yankees won the Superbowl".

Person B. "Bullshit, the Yankees play baseball".

It only becomes bullying when you never allow the person to make the claim. It becomes bullying when the person making the claim has no way out of the situation. Now imagine that person A on top of making that absurd claim, decided to start a political party or religion based on the absurd claim "The Yankees won the Superbowl". Now imagine if that leader, political or religious forced you to never speak ill of such a claim. That society of Yankee lovers would bully anyone who didn't subscribe.

Now bullying does exist even in the west. It happens in the workplace and in schools, places people have no choice but to be. One comment in neutral place where people can part company is not bullying. It is when the behavior is repeated and the other has no way out. That goes with sexual harassment as well.

But merely saying "bullshit" is not a crime nor should it be. You do not help oppressed people in those places by insisting that insults are at the same level as being arrested by the state or murdered by a mob or murdered by the state.

None of what I said there is some sort of call to be a dick to others in every given situation 100% of your life. The problem with insisting no one every speak ill of others claims or beliefs is that everyone can think of a reason to silence others in this case. You cant do that because everyone has an idea of what is offensive and if you give that power to a political party or a religion, they can turn around and silence you.

I am glad Susan B offended White Christian men by refusing to fit their social norms. I am glad Galileo offended the Church. I am glad former Muslim Ayaan Hersi Ali offended sexist Muslim men.

If you allow other people to set up taboos you are giving them power over you. Common law dictates in the west that we cannot act out in violence or call to violence. But no one has a right to decide for everyone what is offensive. PC is a very dangerous game for all parties involved. "Bullying" can only depend on the context of the situation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Muslims believed earth was spherical long before anybody mentions it. - by Brian37 - March 18, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection] : "Joseph; he came to you before with the clear proofs". WinterHold 60 5033 September 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Muslims , please answer this . Enlightened Ape 13 2233 August 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims zebo-the-fat 19 4154 October 14, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 5901 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Remember]: how the Spanish infedels treated Muslims WinterHold 146 12775 August 8, 2020 at 4:18 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Muslims: If the Koran is Unaltered... chimp3 57 8117 April 21, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Flat Earth and other scientific errors in the Quran Fake Messiah 4 1137 January 19, 2020 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  For being religious, Muslims sure lie a lot! Jehanne 12 1683 October 20, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Should muslims obey infidel leaders in non islamic countries? Rika82 6 1076 September 13, 2018 at 4:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Can muslims even be artists or game developers if imagery is forbidden? Rokan 0 523 August 29, 2018 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Rokan