Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 5:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy arguments against the Bible, and religion as a whole
RE: Easy arguments against the Bible, and religion as a whole
You gave up reasoning before you ever posted any of this. Sure, lets go with numbers. I'll even accept every one of the numbers your pastor or whatever garbage peddler you report to provided you with as fact.

20 billion years to hit the right combination you say? So it would take what, 10 candidate amino acids 2 billion years? 100 candidates .2b? 1,000 candidates .02b. Fuck what took so long? Oh that's right, this place is hostile and not at all designed to support life. You keep appoaching this from an angle which is irreconcilably tainted by your belief in creation. You've assumed a single acid molecule flipping a coin waiting for the right combination to become a creator. Try all amino acids constantly flipping coins, some hitting the jackpot and then being extinguished immediately. The "miracle" wasn't abiogenesis, it was survival. This assuming that the earth wasn't seeded, or any other of the innumerable theories regarding the origins of life on earth. You seem to ignore, or be blissfully unaware that there is more than one potential pathway for life. Your appeal to numbers is utter garbage. Even so, that something may be unbelievable improbably proves your goddidit proposition exactly how? If you spent as much time trying to make your own case as you spend criticizing the work of others where it contradicts your fairy tale you may have had more meat to work with by the time you posted here. Probably not though, since better men than you or I have tried and failed for centuries. There is a point where you have checked under so many rocks, went down so many rabbit holes and come out with nothing that you have to begin to wonder if there was ever anything to the question in the first place. That point had been reached for gods a long time ago, but we're stubborn and don't like to give up on a good narrative. What you have is not science, and will not be confirmed by science. It is a belief in the subjective meaning of a collection of stories which you were made familiar with due to the prevailing cultural traditions in your region or family. It is not a cosmology, it is not an explanation of our origins (or anything at all). It is not a factual accurate description of anything that exists beyond our own minds. Stop looking for science in fairy tales, it's embarrassing.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy arguments against the Bible, and religion as a whole - by The Grand Nudger - December 16, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 11418 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Easy comebacks ? Macoleco 50 5984 November 22, 2019 at 6:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why garden and not whole world? Fake Messiah 14 2579 March 21, 2019 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7719 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  How do religious people react to their own arguments? Vast Vision 60 16698 July 9, 2017 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Stephen Fry and Christopher Hitchens against Catholicism Edwardo Piet 2 1151 May 14, 2017 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 23250 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Why most arguments for God prove God. Mystic 67 8844 March 25, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Fred Hampton
  Strong and Weak Arguments Neo-Scholastic 99 17233 January 11, 2017 at 12:41 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  The Best Evidence For God and Against God The Joker 49 9815 November 22, 2016 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Asmodee