Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Christians can't respect other's opinion?
RE: Why Christians can't respect other's opinion?
I can't vouch for your personal experiences at churches, many of which I can safely say should be avoided.
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits [works]" (Matthew 7:15-16)

Please understand, Christians who stand preaching on street corners and public areas are doing so because they care about you and your salvation. Doing good deeds and helping others is all fine and dandy, but it will not lead to the conversion of others. The Bible says, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17). Soulwinning is not a guideline, it is a commandment, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations... Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you" (Matthew 29:19,20). Whenever you see someone proselytizing, it's because they absolutely care; most Christians do nothing, yet, "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Romans 10:14).

Biblically, we are literally "pulling them out of the fire" (Jude 23). If you saw a blind man walking towards the edge of a cliff, wouldn't you run over and pull him back, shake him, do whatever it takes to keep him from his destination? That's the mindset we have. Yes, we know many people don't like it. Some hate it, in fact, "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake" (Mark 13:13). The common evangelizing Christian doesn't have a theology degree or public relations experience, which is why some may seem to be aggressive or are using cliche phrases. Still, the Bible isn't difficult to understand if you have a childlike wisdom; it becomes difficult when you introduce man's useless philosophy (Bible's words, not mine - Col 2:8). There were scoffers in those days too, "How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?" (Psalm 1:22). "Simple ones" refers to people who don't have a care in the world for God. God is asking, "When will you start to take the truth seriously...?"

I respect the right to choose, but we're here hoping you choose our side.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Christians can't respect other's opinion? - by SamS - July 14, 2015 at 5:19 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 1926 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13228 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Other burning bush Fake Messiah 12 1621 May 13, 2021 at 8:58 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2851 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7843 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17612 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4792 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3953 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Josephus and other contemporaries on Jesus JairCrawford 271 34091 July 14, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15083 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger