Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 6, 2024, 11:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refuting misconceptions:2-jihad not terrorism
RE: Refuting misconceptions:2-jihad not terrorism
(June 5, 2010 at 3:37 pm)mo3taz3nbar Wrote:
Quote:moderate muslims have a hard time rejecting their extremist fellow brothers, because they are still their brothers, in the same way we are much slower to condemn a friend or family for a bad action than to condemn a stranger for the same action.

we are not that racist man lol these terrorists are killing muslims as much as they are killing non muslims even in 9/11 a lot of muslims died

I'm not talking about race, but about people one considers close to oneself. The togetherness in Islam highlighted by the Ummah is such that there are feelings which refrain you from condemning thoroughly other muslims for bad actions for which you would immediately condemn the perpetrator if he were a non-muslim. This is my explanation for the absence of real condemnation on an national level of terrorism. You don't want to judge quickly other muslims, even though they are clearly misguided. That's why there is also no condemnation for the "cultural" (as you said) laws in certain muslim countries which disrespect the Qur'an's teachings.

If I understood you, only the shahada is needed to be a muslim and join the "family" of the Ummah. It means that unislamic actions can be made by large numbers of muslims without being easily condemnable by the righteous muslims because it goes down to understanding the clear and right interpretations (if they ever exist...) of the Qur'an which are not easy to understand sometimes. And moreover the feelings of togetherness refrain the righteous muslims from condemning those muslims, because the Ummah must look united at all cost !
That's why your "real" Islam is extremely hard to enforce in all muslim countries.

(June 5, 2010 at 3:37 pm)mo3taz3nbar Wrote:
Quote: There is a human double standard: US marines killing muslim civilians in Irak outrages the muslim community, but when some muslim extremists do the same thing on non-muslim civilians the Ummah has mixed feelings about its condemnation.
what is happening in iraq and in palestine is much more than 9/11 and the outrages you are talking about has nothing to do with religion in egypt there is a lot of people who defend iraq and palestine are non muslims. about the mixed feeling some people have it because the hate towards some countries also not to other religions when i was young i used to hate americans because they are killing palestinians but when i grew up i start understanding that the americans have nothing to do with that its the government but i really never met anyone who agree for any of the terrorist acts wether in muslim or non muslim country
I know, I was just giving you an example, regardless of the context, where muslims denounce some strangers' action and don't denounce the same actions made by muslims
[Image: pPQu8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Refuting misconceptions:2-jihad not terrorism - by AtheistPhil - June 5, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why "Jihad" martyrdom is important in Islamic faith? AniKoferBo 13 1466 January 6, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The most stupid misconceptions about Islam R00tKiT 123 15809 October 22, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] Removing misconceptions of my path. Mystic 24 7406 January 8, 2020 at 6:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Refuting the book "Islamic government" (series of lectures of Khomeini) Mystic 17 3090 October 21, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Quran's prohibition against terrorism and mass killing WinterHold 32 5338 May 18, 2018 at 4:23 am
Last Post: yragnitup
  How to not attribute evil by misconceptions to the Quran. Mystic 7 2161 April 2, 2018 at 10:13 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Double standard when it comes to terrorism GoHalos1993 28 3789 November 20, 2015 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Chattanooga: Muhammad’s companions all “fought Jihad for the sake of Allah” mralstoner 7 2188 July 18, 2015 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  "Queer Jihad" Spooky 5 1532 March 3, 2015 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Jihad v. Crusades mralstoner 18 4220 February 27, 2015 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)