Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 10:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
infinite reasons made me not to believe islam
RE: infinite reasons made me not to believe islam
(July 5, 2010 at 2:42 pm)mo3taz3nbar Wrote:
Quote:To expect anyone to believe something based on other humans' say-so, without any real undeniable evidence, and then give them the worst possible punishment when they do the logical thing (not believe until there is proof)
it is not based on other humans saying something the messengers that god sent was given miracles that prove that what they are saying is from god. for us we are given a book that we have to examine to know wether its truth or not.if you are really searching for a proof and doing the logical thing you will find it as long as you are objective and putting an effort in doing this

You're assuming the claim is right and you're looking for a proof. You want it to be true, Moataz. We're evaluating each claim of the Qu'ran separately. And all of them fail the test of logic.

Quote:Not believing in something is not cruel to the thing you don't believe in. Nonmuslims are not being cruel to allah, we simply don't believe he is real. We are not just pretending to disbelieve in order to make him angry, nor are we rebelling against him. How can we? We don't believe he is really there to be able to get angry or rebel against.
denying the existance of god doesnt come alone it comes with certain things inside you like being arrogant towards him

You don't believe in leprechauns, right ? Are you arrogant towards those little fellows ? You're not, because you can only be arrogant towards something that actually exist.

Quote:At least here you are admitting he is a dictator and you are a slave to his rules. You are there to follow orders and make him happy. Now, let us think, is he a nice dictator or a cruel one?
you are applying the rules we have on god which doesnt make sense as he is not like us and nothing is like him so you cant apply the rules that applies to humans to him

He is the sole ruler of the world, we belong to him, we cannot argue with him or escape his decisions. Those attributes correspond to the concept of a super dictator/slave owner.
When the Qur'an apply the human concept of kindness to Allah it is ok, but when it's the concept of undisputable owner of humanity and sole ruler (or dictator) then you can't apply it. This is a double standard, a special pleading. Allah is an anthropomorphic god when you read the Qur'an, and the title of dictator who claims to be just and magnanimous (as all dictator do) defines him very well.

Quote:With murder, we have solid evidence that the penalty is real. We can see pictures of jails, talk to people who have been there, and see the murderers get sentenced by a very real judge. In the case of hell, we only hear old stories that say it is real, there are no pictures, we know the body and its ability to feel pain/torment does not work after death, and no one has ever shown that any kind of judge exists. How can a merciful authority figure punish people for their disbelief under these circumstances?
part of the test is to believe what you dont see or touch using logic and reason and understanding and if those things didnt make you believe nothing will and even after the life you will be acting the same as you was in this life and every proof you will see you will find a theory invented that you will follow or you will find an exit that will also lead to non believing(this is based on that you have personal reasons not to believe and not on that you are really searching with logic for an evidence)

I think it's you who has personal reasons to believe which urge you to distort logic and reason to find your beloved predefined and assumed conclusion that god exist.

Quote:But let us pretend that hell is real for a moment. In that case, maybe you will follow the rules because the penalty is so severe and scary. That makes sense now. But what if you disagree on what the penalty should be for breaking the rules? Sure, you will still follow them, it would be stupid not to, but will you make yourself believe that the penalty is just? For a crime of disobedience,
as long as i can choose anything is just because i knew the result before i did it.

Could you reformulate that so that it makes sense to me please ? Is that your answer to Scented Nectar's question ?

(July 5, 2010 at 2:42 pm)mo3taz3nbar Wrote: if i break the rules god tells us that he will forgive us but there is certain things that is really bad like denying god existance whatever you did in your whole life if you become a believer god will forgive you.dont talk about disobediance to god as its the same like being disobediant to the law of your country it is a lot bigger than this and god still forgives the most horrible mistakes that can be done

blah blah blah......irrelevant to the question.

Quote:let's say during 75 years of living, someone never prays unless people are watching. Maybe they are even angry at being told what to do, and they have an unlikable selfish personality. Does that really deserve an ETERNITY of TORTURE? Why is the punishment not people (and god) treating that person badly for the first 75 years of the afterlife? Would that not fit the crime a lot better?
because he is not just bad in his life he chose to be bad and he will be like this all the time even if he had another chance.(if you want me to bring verses from the Quran to support what am saying i will do it)

You're not answering the question, you're trying to rationalize the demands and claims of the Qu'ran.
Make a personal answer.

Quote:Not very nice considering the crime of not praying causes no real harm to anyone, including god
ignoring prayers is like saying that god created me and gave me a lot of good things but i cant worship him because am lazy or i have a more important things its not a small thing as you think

Laziness punished by eternal torture....amazing
Do you actually realize what you write ?

Quote:Then who made that creator? And who made that creator of the creator?
this question have no answer as nobody said that god is created.and you must admit that our knowledge has limits and there is things we will never understand

and god works in mysterious ways....
[Image: pPQu8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: infinite reasons made me not to believe islam - by AtheistPhil - July 5, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 5837 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  One of the reasons we need religion. Mystic 18 4909 January 6, 2020 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7893 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Islam is about tiring the reader, not so much about truth (Scripture literature) Sogni921 34 4788 December 6, 2019 at 7:49 am
Last Post: GUBU
  To clear up that Islam is not pedophilia and chrisitanity is according to a guy here Smain 6 989 June 26, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Converted2Islam on YouTube shares his reasons for apostatizing ReptilianPeon 10 2610 July 17, 2016 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Does Islam Need A Reformation (supossedly a debate but not really) ReptilianPeon 23 4082 March 23, 2016 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Douglas Murray: Islam is not a peaceful religion mralstoner 3 1609 December 30, 2015 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5512 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  ISIS is not True Islam! It's Not! JesusHChrist 33 8294 March 3, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: comet