Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:53 am

Poll: How many times does the EARTH rotate in one year?
This poll is closed.
At least once
14.29%
6 14.29%
364 times
0%
0 0%
365 times
9.52%
4 9.52%
366 times
0%
0 0%
367 times, in a leap year
2.38%
1 2.38%
365.242... times
40.48%
17 40.48%
366.242... times
14.29%
6 14.29%
367.242... times, in a leap year
0%
0 0%
It doesn't rotate, it spirals along a cylinder
9.52%
4 9.52%
Answer depends on how you define "year"
9.52%
4 9.52%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear stupid: how many times does the earth rotate in a year?
RE: Dear stupid: how many times does the earth rotate in a year?
(June 21, 2016 at 6:54 pm)Constable Dorfl Wrote:
(June 21, 2016 at 2:33 pm)Sheed1980 Wrote: And that is ur prerogative. But just because u don't believe it doesn't mean it's not true. The truth will always prevail whether u believe it or not. So I'm not trying to make u believe in the Qur'an as God's word, that is not in my power to do. But I do show that the miracles of the Qur'an is factual
knowledge from The Most High, which neither u nor anyone else, whether u believe it or not, can say is untrue.

Sheed one of the characteristics of bullshit is that it is not true. And we've shown conclusively that all you are peddling with is bullshit. We've shown that all you've got is post hoc (ie after the discoveries were made scientifically) superficial similiarites between what we know and what was written in the pile of sandpapery bogroll you call the qu'ran, quite a lot of which is torturously come by (for example by counting the numbers of time word x is mentioned and then dividing it by the number of times word y is mentioned, both words chosen arbitrarily, to come to a rough approximation of a ratio discovered scientifically). You've never been able to point to a discovery by the qu'ran which was made before the equivalent scientific discovery was made.

And until you do, your bullshit is false, with no amount of your whining being able to say otherwise.
Ok I tell u what my friend. Let's put all mathematical equations to the side for a moment. I'll use more not only scientific but even astronomical miracles for proof. Now incase u didn't read what I put on the page before, I'll restate somethings now:
Unlike English and many other languages, Arabic has no letter "V". So when they translate into languages that use that letter they use a "W" instead. For example if they were spelling the English word VICTORY they would spell it "Wictory". In the Qur'an 8:72 the Arabic letters "WeNuS" appear. The next time these letters appear in the same word in that precise order is 11:3. The final time these letters appear in the same word in that precise order is 17:7. Now following what I previously told u the "W" in the place of where a "V" would be used makes this word spell "Venus" which we all know is a planet in our solar system. Could be just a big coincidence right? But lets look further. Between 8:72 and 11:3 there are precisely 243 verses. NASA has recently verified that just as it takes our Earth 365 days to make 1 revolution around the sun, it takes the planet Venus 243 days to do the same. Then to go further the planet Venus unlike Earth and other planets rotates on its axis at an angle of 177 degrees, and if u read the last time these letters are mentioned in that order are in 17:7 which is the number 177. Now to the next scenario. The Qur'an 46:23 says MAa uRSiltu bihi "What I am sent with" and 46:30 says unzila min ba'aDEI MOoSa "revealed after Moses". Now u see the translation has no apparent astronomical proof to it. It simply states religious message to mankind. But if u pay close attention to the letters I CAPITALIZED in these verses, u see the words MARS and DEIMOS are listed. NASA has recently verified that the planet Mars, which one of its moons is named Deimos, is covered with sand dunes, and also this being the only Qur'anic chapter these names are listed together, which is called Al-Ahqaf which means SAND DUNES, not only giving support to, but also proving my point. Finally in chapter 54 Al-Qamar or The Moon, the word moon is only used in verse 1. Counting the remaining verses to the end of the Qur'an is 1,390. In the Islamic Hijra calendar the year 1390 is equal to the year 1969 of the Gregorian calendar we use to this day. So if I asked any person what happened in 1969 that had to do with the word moon, most people know that is when man (Neil Armstrong) first set foot on the moon. To add to that the word moon is mentioned 27 times throughout the entire Qur'an and the word new moon is mentioned only once totaling 28. NASA has verified that moon that orbits our Earth has exactly 28 stages in its lunar revolution. So with these verified, astronomical, not theories, but proven facts with our technology today, doesn't this seem like too much preciseness on the matter of astronomy, in a scripture revealed in the 7th century, a time when telescopes and computers and machinery didn't exist, to be called just coincidence? Someone who put these in this scripture knew EXACTLY what He was talking about. That someone is God Almighty.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dear stupid: how many times does the earth rotate in a year? - by Sheed1980 - June 22, 2016 at 5:46 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth's Gravity Hole Bucky Ball 2 572 July 29, 2023 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The shape of Earth h311inac311 162 25246 December 4, 2022 at 1:06 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Young Earth Creationism LinuxGal 3 812 November 26, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Earth’s energy budget is out of balance Jehanne 5 588 August 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  NASA: Asteroid Could Still Hit Earth in 2068 WinterHold 52 4395 November 7, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Irresponsible caretakers of Earth ignoramus 50 7427 April 9, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: JackRussell
  What are the rationalizations of flat earth believers? ErGingerbreadMandude 48 6855 January 20, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Familiarity with the Earth Sciences TheBeardedDude 4 1060 August 25, 2017 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth Minimalist 364 55454 August 21, 2017 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  How Many Bosons Would it Take to Create a False Vacuum? Rhondazvous 19 6348 June 19, 2017 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous