Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 18, 2024, 4:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
(October 19, 2016 at 5:04 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(October 19, 2016 at 4:04 pm)Drich Wrote: Your senario is not what happened.

In your senario the woman has indeed dealt with the issue and recovered to the point where she is consoleing her partner.

This is not what happened here.

I opened with a motivating statement.

Then i got a story of a rape that happened once 15 years ago that was not reported, but was being used to solidify a counter argument.. Maybe I'm just too sensitive or too emotional to imagine someone so shamed or scared into silence bring up such a topic just to win an argument with strangers...

This had the opposite effect on me i did not feel empathy I felt a need to vet or challenge the statement. Then we get a response of having to be made to relive all of this 'it's like being raped all over again yada yada yada...

Which again IS THE TOTAL OPPOSITE of your scenario. If she was in place of seeking recovery, then 15 years is past the point of mourning. UNLESS she is seeking to be a perminate victim. which I pointed out in my initial dialog.

Her mourning "being made to relive the rape" does not an indication of any effort of recovery 15 years down the road. However it does indeed show an effort to maintain perpetual victimhood, in which case demand pity and forces people to honor them for their misfortune.

I'm not doing that. I honestly think no one who has gone through this type of recovery will ever want to feed a perpetual victim pity, unless it is just some empty meaningless gesture to get away from them. To see a perpetual victim is a reminder of what could have been if we did not endure the suck.

That is the difference you are not taking into consideration. You want to see the best and take people at their word. I see a list of inconsistencies that need to be accounted for. I want other people to see this list as well.

I'm sorry; I wasn't comparing my scenario to the specific situation that happened in this thread with you and Nymph.  I was using it as a comparison to your more generalized allegations throughout the thread that empathy and sympathy for victims perpetuate a "victim mentality."  

I DO want to think the best and take people at their word, you're right.  It's something that I do to a fault, in fact.  But that doesn't mean as a human being I should feel I'm doing a disservice to somebody by feeling compassion for them.

Think, feel, act, how ever you want, not my place to say.

I can only offer a different perspective.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York? - by Drich - October 19, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1370 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations Rev. Rye 233 16645 February 21, 2019 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 510 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1518 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1153 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What in the fuck is a Patriot Prayer? GODZILLA 18 1677 August 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Never Fuck With A Billionaire's Money! Minimalist 5 658 July 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1678 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  You Know What? Fuck Him. Minimalist 8 1005 May 25, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 294 25687 April 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13