Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 18, 2024, 4:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
(October 21, 2016 at 6:10 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(October 21, 2016 at 10:31 am)Drich Wrote: Yes i am sure. Read the statement again. I am describing the legal definition of a criminal act, not speaking to points of law.

Do you understand the difference between the two?

If so why use a point of law (specific circumstance) to try and over turn an established legal definition?

Even as a point of law the fact is military law works on a completely different set of rules than civilian law. Civilian law seeks to protect the rights of the people in accordance to the standard set by the constitution. Military seeks to protect the intergrity of the military's MOP first.
You are at best comparing apples and oranges.
*emphasis mine*

Wait... you're the one that brought up the military example as proof of your point, now all of the sudden it's comparing apples and oranges?

Must I remind you?

(October 20, 2016 at 10:14 am)Drich Wrote: Do you think it is right to call combat soldiers murderers? what if your brother went to syeria and joined ISIS and was killed by a US soldier? It is proper to call the soldier a murderer or is it ok to say your brother was murdered?

Do you think it is right to call someone who shoots and kill one of your family members a murderer IF he the guy is honestly defending his life? the same here was your family member murdered and is the man who killed them a murderer?

In both instances the law allows for the taking of human life so legally the killing of an enemy combatant is not murder nor is legal self defense. The word murder describes a criminal act. If the law does not allow for prosecution the act maybe the same (the net result/your family member died at the hands of another) but to the law it is as it never happened.
*emphasis mine*

If military law and civilian law are "apples and oranges" as you put it, then what was the point of your above post?

Nice catch, Huggy.   Clap   And I was called a moron for implying that he was comparing apples to oranges in that example, lol.   Breathtaking, isn't he?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York? - by LadyForCamus - October 21, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1370 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations Rev. Rye 233 16645 February 21, 2019 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 510 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1518 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1153 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What in the fuck is a Patriot Prayer? GODZILLA 18 1677 August 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Never Fuck With A Billionaire's Money! Minimalist 5 658 July 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1678 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  You Know What? Fuck Him. Minimalist 8 1005 May 25, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 294 25687 April 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13