Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 18, 2024, 6:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York?
(October 22, 2016 at 11:37 am)Thena323 Wrote:
(October 22, 2016 at 10:28 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: That's the thing though, Thena.  He WASN'T just talking about rape in the eyes of the law.  He went on to say that a person does not even have the right to look themselves in the mirror and say, "I was raped," even JUST to themselves privately, if the assault was never legally acknowledged as "rape" in a courtroom.  It seems to me that he wants to punish actual victims for some perceived failure on their part to demonstrate their allegation is truthful (legally), by stripping that word of any meaning for them personally.  As though our justice system is as infallible as he thinks his God is.  If I misunderstood him, then he did a really, really poor job of explaining himself, because I TRIED.

Well, I've already explained to Nymph that I'm not in agreement with him over all the particulars regarding the side issues and diversions; there were countless, and I didn't catch them all. His somewhat inept attempts at clarifying his position, coupled with my complete willingness to assume the worst about him, made it all too easy for me to not listen to him. 

What I do believe, is that his actual intent was to illustrate how vital timely reporting is to the process, and to offer his own "unique" help/advice on how to recover. It's crystal clear to me, after re-reading much of thread and making a conscious effort to be objective, but that's just my personal takeaway. I don't expect that everyone will reach the same conclusion.

I reached the same conclusion. And I believe he is genuine in his insistence that assaults need to be reported as soon as possible. What I wasn't able to discern from his thoughts no matter how hard I tried is why he's so hung up on the use of the word, "rape" within a victim's internal dialogue. I understand he is concerned about false accusations, and justifiably so. But, acknowledging "I was raped" is only an acknowledgement of the act itself, not necessarily an accusation against any specific individual. I don't get why that troubles him so deeply. I think deep down there is a human person in Drich. I think he had a human comment to make on this topic. I just couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what it was.

Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Messages In This Thread
How the fuck is there a statute of limitations for rape in New York? - by LadyForCamus - October 22, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Melania: "Fuck Christmas!" Fake Messiah 17 1370 October 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Liam Neeson: Rape, Revenge, and Race Relations Rev. Rye 233 16648 February 21, 2019 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 510 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1518 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Court of Appeals Tells Alabama Shitheads to "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 6 1153 August 23, 2018 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  What in the fuck is a Patriot Prayer? GODZILLA 18 1677 August 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Never Fuck With A Billionaire's Money! Minimalist 5 658 July 29, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1678 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  You Know What? Fuck Him. Minimalist 8 1005 May 25, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 294 25687 April 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13