Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 3:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump manages to be more sensible on Syria than Hilary
RE: Donald Trump manages to be more sensible on Syria than Hilary
(October 11, 2016 at 12:04 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I'm a pretty cynical guy myself, I enjoy practical approaches.  That, though, goes beyond anything I;d be willing to argue in favor of.  I;ll stand there with a 249 and gun them down in the streets, if it can't be avoided....but lets not sanitize what we're discussing.

We don't need to sanitize anything here. I know it's not the nicest thing to say, but since we're talking western interests in any case, it's the wiser course to back the one and only proven secular force in the region.

Unless we're interested in another Lybia or Afghanistan, that is.

Noone really gives a shit over the population. To claim that is sanitizing the cynical approach on both sides. That's the only hard fact we have in this quagmire. Otherwise the refugee crisis would have been met differently. So, if noone gives a shit, we could at least try not to fuck ourselves up the ass by backing this or that rebel organisation that may or may not invoke the next theocracy in the region.

The only forces having proven to really fight Isis are the Kurds, the Iranians and Assad. But we're not backing the Kurds, since that would piss off our darling Erdogan. We're not backing the Iranians, since they aren't good people in our perception, and we're not backing Assad because big bad bogeyman.

Yeah, well he isn't mister nice guy. But he at least kept the lid on the kettle. Taking it off didn't go over so well in Iraq. Not the beakon of democracy but yet another trouble spot that cost more than 4000 American troops their lives. I don't even mention the more than hundred thousand Iraquis dying, since that would require giving a shit.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump manages to be more sensible on Syria than Hilary - by abaris - October 11, 2016 at 1:22 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1855 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 2976 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1095 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  A Bigger Problem Than Trump DeistPaladin 15 765 September 15, 2020 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  "Defeating Trump is more important than all of us" Foxaèr 44 3907 March 15, 2020 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Chad32
  Donald Trump Officially Impeached! Rev. Rye 118 8411 December 28, 2019 at 6:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  My Video about Donald Trump Banning Huawei FlatAssembler 7 769 September 30, 2019 at 4:04 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How Richard Neal (D-MA) is helping Donald Trump ReptilianPeon 0 342 August 11, 2019 at 3:56 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Do ( D )s sell more guns than ( R )s? onlinebiker 170 12966 February 22, 2019 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37005 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace