Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 5:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the hell do I have the urge to eat an entire days worth of food by noon?
Why the hell do I have the urge to eat an entire days worth of food by noon?
(October 17, 2016 at 10:28 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(October 17, 2016 at 10:01 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: Metabolic residue in cells. The intestines get rid of toxins from the body....unless the way is blocked, glad you brought that up LoC! Would you like a sample in the name of science? Wink

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3868385

The relative importance of these processes in the elimination of a highly lipophilic xenobiotic such as hexachlorobenzene (HCB) has been studied. It has been demonstrated that fecal (90%) rather than urinary (10%) excretion is the major route of elimination of HCB in most species. It has been shown also that the bile of HCB dosed animals contained HCB metabolites only whereas fecal excretion consisted primarily of the parent compound. These findings suggested that the bile could not be the source of fecal HCB. Indeed, bile duct ligation in rats increased rather than decreased the fecal excretion of HCB. Experiments in rhesus monkeys with complete biliary bypass confirmed the conclusion that the source of fecal HCB is not the bile, suggesting that most of the fecal HCB originated from intestinal excretion. Exfoliation of intestinal epithelium and exudation across the intestinal mucosa are the two major nonbiliary mechanisms whereby xenobiotics can enter the intestinal lumen. The contribution of desquamation and exudation to fecal excretion of HCB was estimated in jejunectomized and hemicolectomized rats. Removal of 50% of the jejunum did not influence fecal excretion of HCB, whereas excision of 50% of the large intestine reduced it by 40%. These data suggest that the source of fecal HCB is nonbiliary, intestinal transfer (exudation) from blood into the intestinal contents, which occurs primarily in the large intestine. Fecal elimination of HCB is significantly enhanced by dietary treatments with mineral oil or hexadecane.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

OK, so? The colon removes toxins. I'll agree. Does colon cleansing remove more toxins???????

Need the rest of the study, at least the rest of the abstract. Was the "significance" only in people with colon resection? Was it increased because of laxative or absorbent use alone? And increased how, per shit, per day, per week? Plus, this chemical was banned in 1966. If this is the reason for cleansing I'll need a better one. 

There is not enough information to make a determination from this 1985 study link.

I think he's trying to suggest that fasting somehow increases or enhances exudate excretion via the sloughing of intestinal cells, but so far he's failed to coherently string together even a hypothetical mechanism of action, lol.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Messages In This Thread
Why the hell do I have the urge to eat an entire days worth of food by noon? - by LadyForCamus - October 17, 2016 at 10:41 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the suffering worth it Ahriman 99 4255 August 21, 2023 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 636 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How to eat healthy Woah0 20 1736 September 13, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A PhD with food stamps? Jehanne 6 875 April 18, 2022 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  8 days to Deermageddon onlinebiker 44 2766 December 12, 2021 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  William Lane Craig worth $2 million. Jehanne 24 1441 July 25, 2021 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Cultural Appropriation and Food Goosebump 15 1221 June 6, 2021 at 11:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Silly food. Gawdzilla Sama 19 1101 December 22, 2020 at 9:01 am