Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the suffering worth it
Is the suffering worth it
When you consider all the bullshit you've had to go through to get to where you are now, would you say it was all worth it? Does your present state of contentment justify all the suffering?
"Imagination, life is your creation"
RE: Is the suffering worth it
When people ask me about my divorce, I reccommend it.  Let me go even further.  I think that everyone should intentionally get themselves into a divorce.  Don't leave it up to chance.

How much do you really know about yourself?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Suffering is never justified.
(August 20, 2023 at 11:39 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: When people ask me about my divorce, I reccommend it.  Let me go even further.  I think that everyone should intentionally get themselves into a divorce.  Don't leave it up to chance.

How much do you really know about yourself?

Fear is still better than shame. I know that much.
Then you don't know much, do you?

Shame is bearable. Shame is definite. Shame is informative. Fear...well....that's just running the other way when you hear a loud noise.

Your fear can be used to cause your shame. I'm guessing there's alot of shame in your life.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 21, 2023 at 12:32 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Then you don't know much, do you?

Shame is bearable.  Shame is definite.  Shame is informative.  Fear...well....that's just running the other way when you hear a loud noise.

Your fear can be used to cause your shame. I'm guessing there's alot of shame in your life.

Shame is enjoyable, perhaps even addictive. Fear isn't enjoyable at all. And that's what makes shame worse than fear.
Given the alternative is death, I'd say it was worth it. I prefer to live as I am than die, obviously. Though the gap is very small.
(August 21, 2023 at 12:45 am)Ahriman Wrote:
(August 21, 2023 at 12:32 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Then you don't know much, do you?

Shame is bearable.  Shame is definite.  Shame is informative.  Fear...well....that's just running the other way when you hear a loud noise.

Shame is enjoyable, perhaps even addictive. Fear isn't enjoyable at all. And that's what makes shame worse than fear.

If you say so, degenerate. Do you find yourself afraid very often? Or ashamed...? You know....you can do something about the second thing....
Let me see if I get this right: Shame is the worst, therefore it's the best. Jesus, talk about it.
(August 21, 2023 at 2:11 am)MarcusA Wrote: Let me see if I get this right: Shame is the worst, therefore it's the best. Jesus, talk about it.

It's complicated. You would know if you had seen what I've seen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  William Lane Craig worth $2 million. Jehanne 24 1351 July 25, 2021 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Life is worth losing... carlinsback 10 1055 August 6, 2019 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why the hell do I have the urge to eat an entire days worth of food by noon? EruptedCarcassBloat 81 8004 October 18, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  How, and how NOT to help a suffering atheist... IanHulett 13 1942 May 31, 2015 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  How much is a man's virginity worth? Justtristo 17 4636 October 10, 2012 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: Cato
  On morality: Death vs extreme suffering Edwardo Piet 23 10968 January 28, 2010 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet