Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CATHOLICS, heads up if you were abused by your priest!......
RE: CATHOLICS, heads up if you were abused by your priest!......
(December 21, 2016 at 7:11 pm)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote: .
Yahweh’s Child

GC Wrote:Yes I suppose I could have chosen that but I didn't.

21st Cen Wrote:Regarding your post #51 within this thread:
Now, that is some of the best insidious pseudo-christian apologetics that I’ve seen in a long time!  Please, tell me which apologetics book you’re reading from, just for the record, okay?  Please?

GC Wrote:Sorry you've been so upset by my posting the truth, I would think a smart guy like you would relish learning the truth of scripture. Could it possibly be that your misguided mind believes you already know all. If so then you would have a claim as a god, however with all the mistakes you've made in this post alone would disqualify that claim.
Now to answer your question about the books I used, the NAS ttranslation, the ES translation and the New Strong's Concordance. I'm not like you, you who uses Wiki and the sort to retrieve info, I use only the Bible and a concordance guided by the Holy Spirit who knows the mind of God.

21st Cen Wrote:Firstly, I have to school you upon slapping your chosen primitive god of the Bronze and Iron Age right in the face by not calling him by his rightful given name of “Yahweh”, the Hebrew god of the Christians.  You act as though your god is the only one, surely you jest?!  

GC Wrote:Yes, I'm serious when I say He is the only God, there is no other God, there is only the God of creation. He is the God of the Jews and Christians and his name is Yahweh and He also refers to himself by many other names. He understood when I chose my user name what I meant and I'm sure he's not offended in any way. Your childish rant means nothing to me or God.

21st Cen Wrote:“Everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.” (Isaiah 43:7)
“I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your nameforever.” (Psalm 86:12)

“You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.”  (Exodus 20:7)

GC Wrote:Only one of those verses above actually uses the name Yahweh, so that actually eliminates two of them for the purpose you brought them to your post. I and all other believers are called Christians after Christ who is part of Yahweh, so should I have made my user name christchild, no for that could be misconstrued as blasphemy. You're using this user name thing as a distraction because you know you have no good argument about the meat of my post.

21st Cen Wrote:Yahweh’s Child, simply put, to accommodate your pseudo-christian mind set, god is a title, not a name, as president is a title, where the name of the president of the USA is Barack Obama. Zeus is the name of the title of god of the Greeks, so on and so forth. Get it? 
I would suggest that you start showing respect for your horrific serial killer Yahweh god of your Judeo-Christian bible, agreed? Yeah, you have too.  

GC Wrote:Like I said earlier there's only one God and for there to be a uses for God as a title there would need to be more than one and seeing as there isn't there's no need to say God is a title only. Yahweh refers to himself as God many times in scripture. You refer to God as a serial killer and many other names that are false and yet you want to school me on what the scriptures say, stick to what they are saying or don't use them, you can't have it both ways.

21st Cen Wrote:OKAY NOW TO YOUR BLATANT IGNORANCE OF THE SCRIPTURES RELATIVE TO YOUR POST #51 IN THIS THREAD!

GC Wrote:I said earlier in this post you ranted about my username because when it got to this point in the discussion your ignorance of the scriptures would come shining through and so it is.

GC Wrote:Any changes to 21stCen's post were made by me, mainly to simplify things or to correct the misuse of my user name, wanted to make this clear to all.

GC Wrote:“No! The verses you cherry picked together say nothing of the sort. Christ never told the priest to kill children,...”

21st Cen Wrote:ICON’S REFUTATION:  Firstly, I DID NOT say that the mythical Jesus said to kill children, I said that Jesus obviously CONDONES the killing of children that curse their parents because he cannot usurp his fathers word when Jesus said “God said” in Matthew15:34,

GC Wrote:Jesus in this verse you refer to uses the name God, no rant about that. Yes you did say Jesus told them that they should be kkilling children for cursing (disrespecting) their parents.
Usurp the Fathers word, really, Jesus is the word go study the Bible if you expect to make sensible remarks.

21st Cen Wrote:regarding the topic they were discussing, is that children that curse their parents are to be murdered, as Exodus 21:17, and additionally, Leviticus 20:9, explicitly states, period!I  Comprende?

GC Wrote:Neither of those verses say murder, you are reinterpreting what has already been correctly interpreted. Stick to the facts as they are presented please. Both verses do say that children (though the word children is not in either verse) are to be put to death. I will reexamine shortly what I put into parenthesis.

21st Cen Wrote:Secondly, when verses are connected to each other like the ones that I’ve shown where Jesus says in Matthew 15:3-4 “For God said…,” and then showing the relative verse to what “god said” upon murdering children that curse their parents in Exodus 2:17 is not cherry-picking whatsoever, HELLO, ANYBODY HOME TODAY? Look up the term “nexus” for your future enlightenment!

GC Wrote:When I referred that you were cherry picking I said you were intertwining two verse so as to skew the meaning of and reasoning of the verses.. You have completely ignored what I was saying in connecting the two verses together. You only believe that Matthew 15:3-4 are referring to Ex.21:17 and Leviticus 20:9, when actually they are referring to those two verses plus the two of the Ten Commandments which are Ex. 20:12 and Duet.5:16.
Matt. 15:4 says "For God said, 'HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER,' (this part of the verse is referring to Ex. 20:12 and Duet. 5:16 which are from the Ten Commandments) then the verse goes on to say 'HE WHO SPEAKS EVIL OF FATHER OR MOTHER, LET HIM BE PUT TO DEATH.(this part of the verse is referring to Ex. 21:17 and Leviticus 20:9 the only two verse you want to recognize). When you make the connection between the four verses then you find that the word curse is referring to dishonoring the parents. As I said before you need to understand the culture of the times to understand the meaning of the verses, all six of them. Like I said you didn't actually cherry pick the verses but you only used the two about the punishment to cherry pick the meaning of the situation. That's what happens when you rely on other sources that try to give a wrong interpretation. Studying the whole Bible will lead to the truth of what it says.

GC Wrote:In Matthew 15:2 It is the disciples who were criticized for not washing their hands. In Matthew 15:2 The Pharisees asked Jesus why the disciples didn't obey (now read closely here) the traditions of the elders, this is a great difference from the actual law of the scriptures.

21st Cen Wrote:ICON’S REFUTATION: Here, let me make this as simple for you as possible because the rest of your post goes severely wanting on all aspects because of your comical deceiving rewrite of your primitive bible. The mythical Jesus was ADAMANT that the Pharisees 
NULLIFIED the word of his father Yahweh by not murdering children that curse their parents so much so, that he called them HYPOCRITES (Matthew 15:6-7)  GET IT?

GC Wrote:It is you who wants to rewrite the scriptures because you can't find understanding in them, so do you do make up what ever suits you at the moment, a true sign of your ignorance of the scriptures.
Jesus did not say that you are in your hate and ignorance. Jesus said they had nullified the law because they were using their traditions to dishonor their own parents. Matt. 15:5 says "But you (Pharisees) say, 'Whoever shall say to his father or mother, "Anything of mine you might have been helped by has been given to God," 6) he is not to honor his father or mother.' The Pharisees were living by this traditional saying to avoid helping support their father and mother, when they should have been living by the laws given in Ex. 20:12 and Ex. 21:17. Jesus called them hypocrites because they were invalidating God's word by living by their own traditional sayings.

I'll finish the rest of this as part two it's late and I'm sleepy. Let me finish this before you answer any of it.

C 9

(December 22, 2016 at 12:56 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(December 22, 2016 at 12:15 am)Godschild Wrote: No, please don't ban him yet, he needs some more Sunday school lessons. I'm sure you don't want to read them but I would like a little more time to try and show his complete ignorance of scripture. By the way I believe we are thinking alike (don't let that scare you), I too recognize that pattern, he's a former member and if we keep him here long enough he'll slip and give himself away.
GC

Which member are you guys referring to?

Not sure but in time he'll give himself away.

GC

(December 22, 2016 at 12:56 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(December 22, 2016 at 12:15 am)Godschild Wrote: No, please don't ban him yet, he needs some more Sunday school lessons. I'm sure you don't want to read them but I would like a little more time to try and show his complete ignorance of scripture. By the way I believe we are thinking alike (don't let that scare you), I too recognize that pattern, he's a former member and if we keep him here long enough he'll slip and give himself away.
GC

Which member are you guys referring to?

Not sure but in time he'll give himself away.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CATHOLICS, heads up if you were abused by your priest!...... - by Godschild - December 22, 2016 at 5:52 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think Catholics hate Charles Goodyear Woah0 7 1295 August 28, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What do Catholics think of Frollo from "Hunchback of Notre Dame" story? Woah0 2 626 August 26, 2022 at 9:46 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Traddy Catholics on the ropes? Jehanne 16 2082 July 18, 2021 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  If you knew for certain that you were going to Hell zwanzig 32 2994 March 9, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Not just catholics! zebo-the-fat 109 9451 June 11, 2019 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned STUPID Priest yesterday . . . drfuzzy 102 7281 December 6, 2018 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Chile abuse priest Fernando Karadima removed by Vatican zebo-the-fat 2 921 September 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2135 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Pennsylvannia Pedo Priest HORROR vorlon13 124 6375 August 19, 2018 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Truer Words Were Never Spoken Minimalist 9 2477 April 23, 2018 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13