Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 6:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favourite positive argument for atheism/unbelief?
RE: What is your favourite positive argument for atheism/unbelief?
(April 19, 2017 at 6:06 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(April 18, 2017 at 10:29 am)AceBoogie Wrote: So can you show me where I claimed to know of the origins of the universe? Or no?

The sentence you highlighted is a claim about the argument for a deist god. Not about the origins of the universe. You're not very bright, Rik.

Wrong again Ace.
By saying that some people have a ..........lack of knowledge of the origins of Earth and/or the Universe..........you automatically make a judgement and by making a judgement you automatically put yourself in a position to know or suppose to know the truth.
And if you know the truth you should answer my question.
If not you talk crap.  Smile

(April 18, 2017 at 10:34 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: This is bullshit and you've been corrected on it before.  The brain continues to live on for about 6 minutes after cardiac arrest, during which it is accurately described as 'dying' not as 'dead'.  After those 6 minutes the brain starts to become truly dead, and once vital areas of the brain have died, there is no coming back to tell the experience of an NDE.  They are then dead, finis, kaput.  Not before.

Don't you ever get tired of lying about these things?

Fail once again Yog.  Banging Head On Desk  IndubitablyBanging Head On Desk

First of all your link say..........The brain can survive for up to about six minutes after the heart stops.

Do you know what the word CAN mean in this case?  Lightbulb
It means that it can as well as it can not.
It depend on the situations so all your impetus zeal to contradict me just goes down the sewer but
that's not all Yog.
Most people who had an NDE could see their bodies lie or in the casualty of the hospital or where some accident took place that clearly means that the consciousness separate from the body-brain beside
a brain in trouble can not possibly put together an experience clear, sharp and vivid that is remembered after years and years that took place.

Try again Yog but please less garbage next time.  Bird
Have a good day dear.  Smile

The bullshit term "NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE" gives it away, "NEAR" not beyond the window. That isn't after permanent death, thus the word "NEAR". Nobody survives death after that window has closed. If you survive you still had enough in you to come back.

NDE's are simply humans false perceptions of their natural brain activity. The brain goes through a shutdown and sometimes you can come out of that shutdown, but after the window has closed BEYOND repair you don't come back.

Hallucinations are your brain dumping out your files due to heavy medication and or hypoxia and that sensation can feel very real, but it is still nothing more than your hallucination. If you spent a lifetime being told bullshit claims of souls and spirits and afterlife, your hallucinations are going to reflect the lives you interacted with, your memories and mix with the fairy tales you swallowed in that time. 

If you are raised Hindu or Sikh in India  have a NDE in India your "experience" will involve India's superstitions and social norms and will involve your family members and friends who buy into that superstition too. If you are born in Saudi Arabia and raised Sunni Muslim and have a NDE, again, your false perception of a hallucination will involve the superstitions and beliefs of Muslims. If you are born in Tibet and raised Buddhist, and have a "NDE" again, same thing, your false perception will involve your memories of family friends and the superstitions they buy into.

BUT none of that is real. It is no different than if really want to believe the covered olives in the dark kitchen on Halloween night are really eyeballs, you will believe it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is your favourite positive argument for atheism/unbelief? - by Brian37 - April 19, 2017 at 9:01 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does your atheism come as a package? FrustratedFool 75 5569 October 7, 2023 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My Almighty VS your argument against it Won2blv 43 3938 May 5, 2022 at 9:13 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Star A positive identity for atheists - Crusading Faithful Atheism Duty 95 6598 February 27, 2022 at 1:41 am
Last Post: Duty
  Sharing your atheism james hart 15 1871 April 24, 2020 at 5:25 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  My argument for atheism + Tom Fearnley 166 20061 April 20, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Agnostico
  Best argument for Atheism in my view Kimoev 29 4234 September 5, 2019 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Vince
  Informing aging relatives of your Atheism Bahana 7 1296 October 7, 2018 at 8:49 am
Last Post: Bahana
  What is your problem with Atheism? ignoramus 113 23577 June 3, 2018 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27417 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Poll: What is your Specific Level of Atheism? camlov2019 68 8584 January 27, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: flagbears