Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Almighty VS your argument against it
My Almighty VS your argument against it
I emailed the Atheist Experience and asked about meaning. I got the typical canned answer about creating your own meaning, but I responded with this, "If there is no God, then there is no meaning" Meaning, all meaning is a delusional construct carried out by a narrative we tell ourselves why we do the things we do. When in reality, all we really do is eat, sleep, and fuck. You see, but this is where my self-analysis questioned why this even proved God anyway. Its the ontological rabbit hole. He did respond by affirming that, "yes, humans can create meaning" Which means humans can create something that seems there but really isn't and/or create something real that wasn't there before. Like the Pyramids. In my humble opinion, aliens probably did not build the pyramids. Possible, yes technically. Read Future of Humanity by that asian phycisist. Aliens could have the ability to warp time and space and selectively choose to visit with the intent of manipulating an environment. And there is a theory that aliens could somehow conscious speak to us without inorganic technology.

So this is where I'm at. If we get visited by aliens in physical space crafts, then I'm a Deist. Conversely, if I witness humanity changing from their evil ways and killing the Devil themselves, then I'm a Polytheist. And if one human in this world proves to be Adam from the Latter Day Saint perspective (God of this world) then I'm a Monotheist. This is how I personally experience God. I don't exactly know who or what this higher power is that I'm connecting with, but I am. So I see God as the being who at some point in time made a promise to fix what they had a hand in breaking. Like a cracked egg
RE: My Almighty VS your argument against it
(May 3, 2022 at 6:24 pm)Won2blv Wrote: I emailed the Atheist Experience and asked about meaning. I got the typical canned answer about creating your own meaning, but I responded with this, "If there is no God, then there is no meaning" Meaning, all meaning is a delusional construct carried out by a narrative we tell ourselves why we do the things we do. When in reality, all we really do is eat, sleep, and fuck. You see, but this is where my self-analysis questioned why this even proved God anyway. Its the ontological rabbit hole. He did respond by affirming that, "yes, humans can create meaning" Which means humans can create something that seems there but really isn't and/or create something real that wasn't there before. Like the Pyramids. In my humble opinion, aliens probably did not build the pyramids. Possible, yes technically. Read Future of Humanity by that asian phycisist. Aliens could have the ability to warp time and space and selectively choose to visit with the intent of manipulating an environment. And there is a theory that aliens could somehow conscious speak to us without inorganic technology.

So this is where I'm at. If we get visited by aliens in physical space crafts, then I'm a Deist. Conversely, if I witness humanity changing from their evil ways and killing the Devil themselves, then I'm a Polytheist. And if one human in this world proves to be Adam from the Latter Day Saint perspective (God of this world) then I'm a Monotheist. This is how I personally experience God. I don't exactly know who or what this higher power is that I'm connecting with, but I am. So I see God as the being who at some point in time made a promise to fix what they had a hand in breaking. Like a cracked egg

That's not an argument but a position. You're welcome to it. Hope it helps you makes sense of your life.

I don't need it. Man made god(s) is my position. It's the only one that puts 'woo' in the proper context.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 3, 2022 at 6:24 pm)Won2blv Wrote: I emailed the Atheist Experience and asked about meaning. I got the typical canned answer about creating your own meaning, but I responded with this, "If there is no God, then there is no meaning" Meaning, all meaning is a delusional construct carried out by a narrative we tell ourselves why we do the things we do. When in reality, all we really do is eat, sleep, and fuck. You see, but this is where my self-analysis questioned why this even proved God anyway. Its the ontological rabbit hole. He did respond by affirming that, "yes, humans can create meaning" Which means humans can create something that seems there but really isn't and/or create something real that wasn't there before. Like the Pyramids. In my humble opinion, aliens probably did not build the pyramids. Possible, yes technically. Read Future of Humanity by that asian phycisist. Aliens could have the ability to warp time and space and selectively choose to visit with the intent of manipulating an environment. And there is a theory that aliens could somehow conscious speak to us without inorganic technology.

I don't follow what you're trying to say.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(May 3, 2022 at 7:02 pm)Angrboda Wrote:

I don't follow what you're trying to say.

Good - I thought it was just me.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

So if god is the only way there is meaning, if pyramid-building aliens show up (again) after creating a time/space warp then the LDS people are going to crack eggs while killing the devil.

Fasci-fucking-nating.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 3, 2022 at 6:24 pm)Won2blv Wrote: "If there is no God, then there is no meaning" Meaning, all meaning is a delusional construct carried out by a narrative we tell ourselves why we do the things we do....

... This is how I personally experience God. I don't exactly know who or what this higher power is that I'm connecting with, but I am. 

If a child is starving, eating peanuts could mean life.  If a child has a peanut allergy, eating peanuts could mean death.  We can see by such specific cases that meanings can be both relative and objective.  So unless you can show that God was necessary to create such specific meanings, then meaning can be derived without any God.  This explanation for objective meanings is sufficient without a God-concept.

We also ascribe meanings through interpretations.  That's where meanings get fuzzier and subjective, but that does not mean there are no objective meanings.
Regarding the OP.....

Were your parents at Woodstock???

The brown acid might be the culprit......
FSM eats other gods, That is how Xhe gains nourishment, that and cool ranch Doritos.

So I'm sorry to say if your almighty existed, FSM ate it.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Here I sit broken hearted...
<insert profound quote here>
(May 3, 2022 at 9:40 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Here I sit broken hearted...

Consoling

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my argument against afterlife an equivocation fallacy? FlatAssembler 61 2573 June 20, 2023 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A simple argument against God Disagreeable 149 12655 December 29, 2022 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 15513 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is the best counter argument against "What do you lose by believing?" Macoleco 25 1840 May 1, 2021 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Argument Against Evil-lution no one 19 3464 January 5, 2020 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What is your favourite positive argument for atheism/unbelief? Lucanus 113 25637 April 22, 2017 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Matt Dillahunty's great argument against some people who deny Evolution Heat 1 2268 November 11, 2015 at 4:12 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  the case against the case against god chris(tnt)rhol 92 15916 December 10, 2014 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  atheist argument against the widespread witness of angels samiam2013 23 7920 March 30, 2013 at 7:31 am
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  An original argument against creationism Nerd 52 15986 March 20, 2013 at 6:57 am
Last Post: smax