Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 12:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your problem with Atheism?
What is your problem with Atheism?
We don't make unsubstantiated claims.
We don't knock on your door to pester you.
We don't threaten anyone for any reason.
We're definitely not after your money.
We all pay business taxes.
We don't make promises we can't keep.
We try to make sense of the world around us before we can hypothesize about the one beyond our space/time.
We are happy to change our mind on practically everything as science makes new discoveries.
We only eat dead babies!
We don't wear silly hats.
We have no mantra.

What's not to love!
Smile
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: What is your problem with Atheism?
Theists be jealous because we don't live our lives looking forward to death so that we can have some sort of an afterlife. We live life in the now, because we only have this one life. We're smart enough not to squander it away spending years believing in an imaginary friend.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
It denies what is bigger and more important then even all humans combined like it doesn't matter when it's the most important thing to hold on to.
No it doesn't.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
It doesn't accept what is the most worthy of loving and knowing.

It denies the journey and path to ascension.

It neglects the justice and makes it impossible by denying everlasting - reward and punishment.

etc etc.
(May 29, 2018 at 11:05 pm)ignoramus Wrote: We don't make unsubstantiated claims.
We don't knock on your door to pester you.
We don't threaten anyone for any reason.
We're definitely not after your money.
We all pay business taxes.
We don't make promises we can't keep.
We try to make sense of the world around us before we can hypothesize about the one beyond our space/time.
We are happy to change our mind on practically everything as science makes new discoveries.
We only eat dead babies!
We don't wear silly hats.
We have no mantra.

What's not to love!
Smile

1. That's an unsubstantiated claim.
2. Tell that to the Aussie guy who went door knocking in Salt Lake city...
3. Take that back or I'll kill you!
4. Not all of it.
5. Ummmm...
6. Ever. I promise.
7. Silicon Heaven awaits.
8. Only if it can be proved.
9. Well, they're dead when we finish with them.
10. You haven't seen me drunk.
11. But a number of sayings...
Dying to live, living to die.
You have deeply offended my delicate carefully constructed lack of belief.

Theists generally tell me :If you don't believe in God, you don't believe in anything.
I say to them: If you don't believe in the natural world around you, make some shit up instead!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 29, 2018 at 11:58 pm)ignoramus Wrote: You have deeply offended my delicate carefully constructed lack of belief.

Theists generally tell me :If you don't believe in God, you don't believe in anything.
I say to them: If you don't believe in the natural world around you, make some shit up instead!

If I have offended you my job here is done.
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 29, 2018 at 11:58 pm)ignoramus Wrote: You have deeply offended my delicate carefully constructed lack of belief.

I don't accept mythology without a Creator. You can call your mythology science and say you have evidence, but you don't.  I use to believe Science deeply because a lot of made sense and seemed intuitive.

I use to believe in evolution. 

But just like philosophy, if you stay at medium layer, you become Atheist, but if you go deeply, you unravel treasures that prove God, the same is true to me now of science and irreducible complexity.

My biggest problem with Atheists is they act like they know all about the evidence, when they don't. They make as if they research science deeply, but they have not.

Everything they study is just a superficial level that the education system directed them to and appealed with.

Go deeper - for the truth.

You are not the only jury for what stands for evidence of God. Everyone can decide that.

You hold the stance there is none, I just don't find anyone you capable of digesting a proper argument for God to be honest. Even Jo at the end, to me at least didn't seem to understand the witness argument as I presented when she responded.

So I don't know what it is, something, just keeps what otherwise very clear - from clicking.
I think it's mainly fear of those who are different.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does your atheism come as a package? FrustratedFool 75 5142 October 7, 2023 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Sharing your atheism james hart 15 1706 April 24, 2020 at 5:25 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  Informing aging relatives of your Atheism Bahana 7 1250 October 7, 2018 at 8:49 am
Last Post: Bahana
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27044 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  What is your favourite positive argument for atheism/unbelief? Lucanus 113 25603 April 22, 2017 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Poll: What is your Specific Level of Atheism? camlov2019 68 8044 January 27, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: flagbears
  How open are you with your Atheism? Casca 88 10014 November 3, 2016 at 3:02 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  So how do you deal with your atheism around the holidays GoHalos1993 22 4086 December 8, 2015 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Testing the strength of your Atheism PreV2 85 11788 February 21, 2015 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12439 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott