Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 2:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Used To Be A Fan But I Am Now Shocked, Disgusted And Appalled With Sam Harris
RE: I Used To Be A Fan But I Am Now Shocked, Disgusted And Appalled With Sam Harris
Douglas Murray is a notorious puppet for the Right-wing, who claims to hate identity politics while parroting Right-wing talking points playing up the identity of a "conservative gay man". It's more transparent than one of Katie Price's t-shirts. He's also lying through the back teeth by saying people on The Right don't hit back with buzzwords and the same behaviour. They do, all the bloody time. What's a "cuck"? What's a "libtard"? What's "autistic screeching"? Those are buzzwords used by the Right to shut Leftists up, comparable to The Left's knee-jerk use of "-phobias" and "-isms".

That said if I am being totally honest, I think there's a point in there. As open minded and ok with transgender people transitioning as I want to be (I would never be a snarky cunt who would deliberately misgender someone who is actually trans), I do struggle with what they were talking about too. The idea of "I have no intention of transitioning, but I don't need that to be trans and you still have to deny you see my birth sex when you look at me" is just unreasonable and not living in reality.

I do also see this claiming any amount of gender nonconformity as "trans" or "queer", by people who when you look at their life situations are (really) just normal straight people, to be a hijacking and co-option of genuine LGBT peoples' language and movement. I saw a particularly notorious individual on YouTube a few months ago, who is biologically male and physically living his life totally as male (has no intention to transition) but claims he is a "trans lesbian" because he has long hair and eye makeup, talking about how LGBT people shouldn't criticise Islam. Well that's easy for him to say, when he can simply cut that hair off and get a makeup wipe and go live in any Middle Eastern country as a normal man. I can't. I am gay for life, just as a genuine trans person suffering from gender dysphoria will have that for life. We can't just throw off our "identity" in a tight pinch when we're living in a political climate that doesn't accept us. That is the problem that I have with this "anyone who feels queer is queer" and "I'm LGBT just because I'm not 100% gender conforming" movement. It's insulting and a trivialisation of my life experience, in my opinion.

Do not trivialise same-sex attraction and/or gender dysphoria down to clothing, and I thank you.

Harris was also right with what he said about stepping outside the social "norms" of your side of the political spectrum. I am a Leftist, I am pretty far Left on any political test that I do and I stand by that because I believe in it. But it's true, when I "break rank" and want to make an introspective criticism of the toxic ways Leftists behave at times, I get all kinds of assumptions made about me. That's part of the knee-jerk emotional political climate we live in right now.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Used To Be A Fan But I Am Now Shocked, Disgusted And Appalled With Sam Harris - by Regina - June 6, 2017 at 4:49 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Then and now. onlinebiker 16 1139 May 24, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What to get an ABBA fan for their birthday. Brian37 30 2279 September 17, 2019 at 5:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Pranks you have pulled, but would not now. Brian37 19 1163 February 21, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Star Wars fan film: Darth Vader: Episode 1 Shards ofthe Past Cepheus Ace 5 547 December 23, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: Maketakunai
  Maybe the Shit should hit the Fan fromdownunder 2 540 September 12, 2018 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Usernames you might have used? Gawdzilla Sama 36 5428 June 29, 2018 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  You once loved it, but now... c172 38 5385 April 21, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  You once hated it, but now.... Foxaèr 27 3530 April 16, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: emjay
  I used Uber for the first time today Foxaèr 5 1169 April 11, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Antares
  One step closer to having Sam Elliots love child ! vorlon13 1 1037 March 10, 2016 at 12:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13