Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth
RE: Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth
(August 10, 2017 at 4:55 pm)rjh4 is back Wrote:
(August 10, 2017 at 3:30 pm)Brian37 Wrote: And another thing, you are going to have a horrible stay here if you think people hate you personally. You need to learn to separate YOU from the claims you make.

Yes, horrible logic annoys me, but that is all you are seeing from me. Maybe you need to consider the fact that many of us here used to be where you are at, and many of us here already know the arguments you are making. You also need to consider that you are not really trying to convince us, but convince yourself. Swallowing something first is not how good logic works.

Again, I am being very fair to you and would treat anyone of any religion the same way.

1. When you make claims of truth about the nature of reality you have no good reason to bitch when someone says, "Prove it'.

2. You also have no good reason to assume you are the only one in the world with a religion, so don't act like it. 

Now, if we were discussing other things, like sports or music or movies or politics, we might find some agreement on those things depending on topic. But right now you are attempting to debate science. 

Criticism and blasphemy are what you are going to encounter on an atheist page. It is ok if you are too sensitive to handle it. If that is the case then maybe this website is not a good fit for you.

If you do anything, just be honest and admit YOU ARE trying to end all this with your God as the answer. 

But, the problem is still "which one" because other people of other religions ALSO try to get science to point to their clubs.

Now do you have the intellectual honesty to do this, or are you simply going to keep going in circles forever?

You are laughable, Brian.

I don't think anyone here hates me. Even if they did...it wouldn't matter to me.

I will not admit that I am trying to end all this like you say.  It would be nice. But I did not come here to try to do that nor did I expect it. You will just have to live with that.

So...here is something you shouldn't bitch about:

You said: "atoms make up biological life and that explains why life exists"

Prove it! (and I will give you the starting premise that atoms make up biological life as a given) Tell me how the atoms came to be life.

(August 10, 2017 at 4:49 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Your denial of my last comment proves you have no business at all debating science.

If you are going to suggest  I take your word for it and  deny that say over a QM scientist like Lawrence Krauss who says the material in you and I and all life are atoms caused by the death of an exploding star, sorry wont do it.

I don't have to know you personally. You must not have good reading comprehension.

I have been at this for 16 years. I have seen this playbook from others long before we met. You are not the first to try to debunk science only to later try to shoehorn a god into the gap later. We have seen that plenty of times. And again, if you think Christianity is the only religion to try to get science to point to their club, you would be wrong.

Now if you don't like what Lawrence Krauss says he has a twitter page, go over there and argue with him.

I don't suggest you take anybody's word for it. Even given that the material in you and me are atoms caused by the death of an exploding star, it doesn't explain how life came from non-life. If you think that is a sufficient explanation without more, you are delusional.

And I have no interest in debunking science. I love science. But I will question things that simply don't add up. Seems to me the questioning is part of the scientific method. Embrace it, Brian!

You love science only when it doesn't conflict with your religious beliefs. You scream bloody murder or chalk it off to metaphor when science doesn't agree with you. 

And again, you also keep ignoring that your religion isn't the only to try to get science to point to their club. Muslims and Jews and Hindus and Buddhists also try to either debunk science, or when that doesnt work, try to get science to point to their club.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gadadhara-...67628.html

http://thecenterforappliedjudaism.org/

http://www.islamreligion.com/category/34...oly-quran/

https://www.lionsroar.com/buddhism-scien...ersations/

So when you say, "Why cant I ask questions".

I say, all of you need to hash that out between your religions, figure out who got it right, then get back to me because you all think science points to your clubs. 

I''d say the better bet is that humans made those bad claims in antiquity because they didn't know any better.

Sure, you can ask other atheists here all sorts of questions, but when you are dealing with me, I don't like wading down the convoluted Yellow Brick Road, not yours, not any.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth - by Brian37 - August 10, 2017 at 5:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth's Gravity Hole Bucky Ball 2 572 July 29, 2023 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The shape of Earth h311inac311 162 25266 December 4, 2022 at 1:06 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Young Earth Creationism LinuxGal 3 813 November 26, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Earth’s energy budget is out of balance Jehanne 5 588 August 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  NASA: Asteroid Could Still Hit Earth in 2068 WinterHold 52 4396 November 7, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Possible signs of life found in the atmosphere of Venus zebo-the-fat 11 1508 September 14, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Einstein Say Light is Massive? Rhondazvous 25 3167 July 8, 2019 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Puzzling thing about Speed of Light/Speed of Causality vulcanlogician 25 2663 August 24, 2018 at 11:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Irresponsible caretakers of Earth ignoramus 50 7428 April 9, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: JackRussell
  How Cn Gravity Affect Light When Light Has No Mass? Rhondazvous 18 1884 March 2, 2018 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: polymath257