Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth
RE: Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth
(August 10, 2017 at 6:57 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I would love nothing more than to never have to talk about your God or any for that matter, the problem is people DO make those claims and in doing so bastardize science and facts in the process, but again, you are stupid if you think I simply debate Christians. 

Your avatar where it says "Religious Views" says "Christian". So what? I am supposed to assume you are lying and you are Hindu or Buddhist?

I am not the one plugging God, you are. And again, I could care less if you were plugging Allah or Yahweh or Yoda.

The reason I debate this so much is because, especially now in our political climate of science deniers having far too much political power causing problems with denying pollution and climate change, and denial of evolution, yea, I do debate a lot, because I don't want to live in a dumb society. And I don't want ANY religion, not just yours, fucking up the only home I have, OUR PLANET.

Once again...you say you want to not talk about God...and yet that is what you talk about.

Are you saying that the only thing a Christian can talk about is God? Give me a little more credit than that. Brian...why don't you try this. For purposes of talking with me and answering my questions, just consider me as an atheist. In other words, if I was an atheist asking the question of how life came from non-life, would you answer me the same way as you did?

I'm plugging God? You are the one who keeps bringing it up so much.

Your last paragraph is full of issues.

I am certainly not a science denier, although I might very well not agree with the scenarios provided by all scientists. I would guess you could make the same claim.

Who denies that there is pollution in the world? What do you mean by that?

Climate change!!!! No that is an interesting one. I noticed how in the last few years the terms have changed.  It used to be called "global warming" and now it is "climate change". Who could possibly deny that there is climate change? I certainly wouldn't. For example, back in the 70's I remember magazines talking about the possibility of a new ice age as the temperatures were so low. Then, watch out for global warming. Maybe the climate just naturally goes through cycles and human activity has little or nothing to do with it.  You must know there are scientists on both sides of this issue.

Deniers of Evolution. Now if you are talking about "common descent", then I would fall into that category. But here is my question to you. How in the world could my position on evolution affect anything? Even if the entire world denied evolution, how would it really change the world? Would all progress in science all of a sudden cease? Would we lose the possibility of an IPhone 153? What do you think would happen that would be so bad? If it is just that you consider that dumb and don't want to live in a dumb society, you could always start an atheist commune.

Lastly, you do not have to keep telling me that about religion. I get it.  I really do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth - by rjh4 is back - August 10, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth's Gravity Hole Bucky Ball 2 572 July 29, 2023 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The shape of Earth h311inac311 162 25256 December 4, 2022 at 1:06 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Young Earth Creationism LinuxGal 3 812 November 26, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Earth’s energy budget is out of balance Jehanne 5 588 August 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  NASA: Asteroid Could Still Hit Earth in 2068 WinterHold 52 4396 November 7, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Possible signs of life found in the atmosphere of Venus zebo-the-fat 11 1503 September 14, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Einstein Say Light is Massive? Rhondazvous 25 3167 July 8, 2019 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Puzzling thing about Speed of Light/Speed of Causality vulcanlogician 25 2660 August 24, 2018 at 11:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Irresponsible caretakers of Earth ignoramus 50 7427 April 9, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: JackRussell
  How Cn Gravity Affect Light When Light Has No Mass? Rhondazvous 18 1884 March 2, 2018 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: polymath257