Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Member of Congress Among 5 Reportedly Shot at Baseball Field
RE: Member of Congress Among 5 Reportedly Shot at Baseball Field
(June 16, 2017 at 4:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 16, 2017 at 3:16 pm)FFaith Wrote: I agree with Joe Biden, Trump, and Rand Paul that if the government starts showing up at people's homes to confiscate everyone's guns, then maybe it's time to start shooting. Guns are meant to be a defense against tyranny. I don't like the use of violence in this situation against the Republicans though. Yes, the Repubs have a lot of fucked up policy positions and they are messing with people's health care and shitting on gay and trans rights and things like that, but these things can be changed politically, eventually. Now is not the time for violence.

I don't think there's anything wrong with not having sympathy for Scalise. I feel sorry for everyone in a way since I recognize that there is no free will, but when it comes down to it, pretty much every Republican politician is a huge piece of shit. Same goes for the Dems. These are some truly disgusting people, so I can understand people saving their sympathy for those who are more deserving of it. This violence should be condemned though. If a Repub politician is old and happens to die and there was no violence involved, go ahead and celebrate then. No issue with that.

Not this shit again.

Biden even if he said that, link BTW.

Biden even if he said that would still not advocate a no rules free for all. Secondly, even if there were a liberal version of a Tea Party militia guess what, the government still has tanks and jets. They are going to have tanks and jests no mater which fringe party on either side might try to produce, and the government would still be able to destroy it because they have more and bigger weapons. 

But, if you want to go that route, I would say at this current point in history, you'd have more to be afraid of with Trump and the GOP creating a one party fascist state than you would if liberals had a majority power.

Our intel at the top level is not going to allow any revolution regardless. 

What that sicko did on the baseball field has been condemned by all the top of our party, and even I condemn what he did as everyone should. But where was all this condemnation by the GOP when Ted Buttnugget made his veiled threats about Obama? Where was the GOP condemnation about 'LOCK HER UP" and jokes about "2nd Amendment solutions?

I am really sick of this crap that doing things differently as far as gun laws is a call for tyranny. The GOP has been screaming that crap since the 1980s. Australia has one too many mass shootings and they wake up and they actually do something about it. Guess what, Australia is still an open free society.

The crap on the far right is simply sell of paranoia to protect the profits of the gun industry.

I'm not arguing that the people would win, just that they could do some damage. I just can't agree with stripping people of their right to defend themselves to try and stop what, 100 deaths per year at first maybe? Politicians are mostly trying to take away rifles right now, not handguns, and rifles account for less than 300 deaths per year in the US. You get rid of all of them and murder by guns will drop by maybe 100 deaths per year. Gun violence is on the decline as is. Trying to prevent people on the terrorist watch list from getting guns is a dumb idea too. Even suspected terrorists have the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, and stopping them from getting guns just tips them off and lets them know that they are under investigation, which you obviously don't want to do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Member of Congress Among 5 Reportedly Shot at Baseball Field - by FFaith - June 16, 2017 at 4:47 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] American Congress member speaks about Israeli terrorism against Palestinians WinterHold 5 378 May 14, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2464 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Among Matt Bevin's Pardons: Man who raped 9 year old girl Cecelia 1 408 December 14, 2019 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  George Zimmerman suing parents of Trayvon Martin among others Cecelia 140 7697 December 11, 2019 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Shot in her own home! Brian37 119 7539 October 16, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby Cecelia 94 7557 July 3, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3173 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Russian Woman Reportedly Faces 6 Years in Prison for Insulting Memes about Xtians purplepurpose 1 560 October 16, 2018 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I'd Rather Have Your Dog In Congress Than You Minimalist 2 516 May 28, 2018 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Speaker Eddie Munster to retire from Congress Brian37 5 903 April 11, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Aegon