Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shot in her own home!
Shot in her own home!
Wanna guess what color she was?

The worst part of this shit, is that a neighbor called, not because he thought she was doing something wrong, but because he was worried about her. 

And of course the cop gets administrative leave, and white local official promises to "investigate", and asks for "thoughts and prayers."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/12/us/fort-w...index.html
RE: Shot in her own home!
(October 13, 2019 at 8:04 am)Brian37 Wrote: Wanna guess what color she was?

The worst part of this shit, is that a neighbor called, not because he thought she was doing something wrong, but because he was worried about her. 

And of course the cop gets administrative leave, and white local official promises to "investigate", and asks for "thoughts and prayers."

Maybe...just off the top of the old noggin...it's time for the US to take a long, serious look at police officer training.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Another case where calling the cops causes more problems than it solves. I have no idea what this cop was thinking. He feared for his life, this person that he should be able to see a lot better than she could see him. And of course the lack of immediate compliance is met with lethal force.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

~1,000,000 cops in the US. ~3 deaths per day due to police actions, all cases.
(October 13, 2019 at 8:10 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 13, 2019 at 8:04 am)Brian37 Wrote: Wanna guess what color she was?

Maybe...just off the top of the old noggin...it's time for the US to take a long, serious look at police officer training.

Boru

I agree.

There are lots of factors that go into this needless repetition.

The biggest one is our flooded market of firearms. 

Blacks and whites most certainly do have a right to legally own a firearm. But if police constantly have to face the potential for firearm violence, IN ANY ZIP CODE, or traffic stop, or domestic situation, or active shooter situation,  that causes their training to default to "fear the worst" from the start.

Second part of the problem, is lack of funding for enough staff for backup, lack of funding for more non lethal means, and lack of funding for better training rather than "shoot first".

For 40 years the firearm industry and it's lobbies NRA and NSSF have fostered a climate of mistrust between law enforcement and society, including Tea party nuts and law enforcement. And especially a mistrust between blacks and whites, conservatives and liberals.  The firearm industry has profited off this division and fear, and that allows them to sell more firearms to everyone. 

I am sick of the right claiming, "Support law enforcement" and "just comply." Everyone should value law enforcement, and any sane person wants the officer to make it home after their shift. But society should also want to not have to fear their neighbors or police while in public or in their home. 

But also regardless of zip code, urban, suburban or rural, the lack of livable wages and lack of health care, also perpetuates a climate of anxiety. Economic instability perpetuates a climate of mistrust.

(October 13, 2019 at 8:34 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: ~1,000,000 cops in the US. ~3 deaths per day due to police actions, all cases.

OK? But again, minorities are still far more likely to be injured or killed while interacting with law enforcement than whites.

And even if they make it to court, they are also far more likely to be charged more harshly and sentenced more harshly than whites on average.

America still has yet to accept and face, that there is a huge disparity that still exists.
Cops fucked up.

An open door and a neighbor's say so is NOT a justified entry without a warrant.

Should have watched other entrances and rang the doorbell or knocked.

He's gonna do time over this.
(October 13, 2019 at 8:36 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 13, 2019 at 8:34 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: ~1,000,000 cops in the US. ~3 deaths per day due to police actions, all cases.

OK? But again, minorities are still far more likely to be injured or killed while interacting with law enforcement than whites.

And even if they make it to court, they are also far more likely to be charged more harshly and sentenced more harshly than whites on average.

America still has yet to accept and face, that there is a huge disparity that still exists.
So what are you doing to correct the problem?
(October 13, 2019 at 8:57 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Cops fucked up.

An open door and a neighbor's say so is NOT a justified entry without a warrant.

Should have watched other entrances and rang the doorbell or knocked.

He's gonna do time over this.

They didn't enter her home.  She was shot from outside, through a window.  According to the article, the cops spent a few minutes walking around outside the home, shining flashlights here, there and everywhere.  One of them saw the woman inside, shouted 'Hands up! Show me your hands!' and shot her through the window without identifying himself as an officer.

All of which makes it worse.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 13, 2019 at 9:01 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(October 13, 2019 at 8:36 am)Brian37 Wrote: OK? But again, minorities are still far more likely to be injured or killed while interacting with law enforcement than whites.

So what are you doing to correct the problem?

It not a one person thing. It is a collective societal push on our government.
(October 13, 2019 at 9:15 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 13, 2019 at 9:01 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: So what are you doing to correct the problem?

It not a one person thing. It is a collective societal push on our government.
So nothing. Got it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2240 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  This needs it's own thread. Brian37 15 631 November 3, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2423 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Home Schooling onlinebiker 15 673 August 13, 2020 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Satanic Temple beating fundies at their own game Peebothuhlu 2 471 August 9, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: no one
  West Virginia, WH dumbass, send him home. Brian37 42 2907 March 18, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  T.I. takes his daughter to the gyno every year to check her Hymen. Divinity 48 3853 December 5, 2019 at 8:39 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Greta Thunberg: adults who attack her ‘must feel threatened’ EgoDeath 148 8498 October 3, 2019 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Sen. Moscow Mitch Injured at Home DeistPaladin 21 3515 August 12, 2019 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby Cecelia 94 7525 July 3, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: tackattack