Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Member of Congress Among 5 Reportedly Shot at Baseball Field
RE: Member of Congress Among 5 Reportedly Shot at Baseball Field
(June 17, 2017 at 10:57 pm)Nymphadora Wrote:
(June 17, 2017 at 10:49 pm)wallym Wrote: They don't.  I'm politely'ish declining.

So then you have zero grounds to stand on for which to make your point. Why bother to participate in a discussion if you aren't willing to explain your views? This isn't third grade, ya know.

Khem responded to a post I made replying to Thump out of context and tried to bait me into some good old fashioned internet bullshitting.  Some people like that, but it doesn't seem appealing to me at this time.  There are plenty of people here willing to go to bat for team "Trump isn't really a Nazi."  And they can both repeat the same thing over and over at each other just fine without my participation.

(June 17, 2017 at 8:04 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(June 17, 2017 at 3:55 pm)wallym Wrote: Sure, there are moderate politicians.  They know the rhetoric is all a part of the game.  I'm sure a few of them drink their own kool-aid, but for the most part, they know it's just a tool they hand out to the masses to try and win elections.  That's why W, who was 100% a racist war criminal is somehow able to be friends with Obama a Kenyan who hates america and vice versa. 

My point is that arguing that there are moderate Republicans but no moderate Democrats is silly. There are moderates and extremists on both sides of the aisle.
That wasn't really my argument.  As I've said a few times, anecdotally, I've found people I'd expect to not partake in the extreme rhetoric diving in head first.  All of these people are on the left, but the sample group was also overwhelmingly on the left.  I found it relevant to the discussion, because as it relates to violence/hate, these are also the people I'd least expect to buy into that as well.  

Unfortunately, if you say anything bad about the left, the response is "YEAH BUT REPUBLICANS..."  and down the rabbit hole we go.

I don't know many moderate republicans.  Maybe they are delving into the absurd as well.  But that's not a particularly relevant to the original point, and I can't speak on it, because I have no idea.  What was relevant to the discussion I responded to was that the group I'd least likely expect to start celebrating death and violence is celebrating death and violence.   That strikes me as a bad sign.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Member of Congress Among 5 Reportedly Shot at Baseball Field - by henryp - June 17, 2017 at 11:43 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] American Congress member speaks about Israeli terrorism against Palestinians WinterHold 5 378 May 14, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2464 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Among Matt Bevin's Pardons: Man who raped 9 year old girl Cecelia 1 408 December 14, 2019 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  George Zimmerman suing parents of Trayvon Martin among others Cecelia 140 7697 December 11, 2019 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Shot in her own home! Brian37 119 7539 October 16, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby Cecelia 94 7557 July 3, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3173 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Russian Woman Reportedly Faces 6 Years in Prison for Insulting Memes about Xtians purplepurpose 1 560 October 16, 2018 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I'd Rather Have Your Dog In Congress Than You Minimalist 2 516 May 28, 2018 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Speaker Eddie Munster to retire from Congress Brian37 5 903 April 11, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Aegon