Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 6:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed Alteration to Forum Rules
RE: Proposed Alteration to Forum Rules
I've been here far longer than you Existentialist; I've seen more trolls than you can imagine, and they all share one common factor: they exist to disagree with just about anyone, spreading ridiculous beliefs and saying stupid shit in order to get a reaction. So you'll excuse me if I thought you were a troll at first, especially after threads where you attempted to get rid of adjectives by claiming that you needed multiple separate new words for different stances of atheism, and when you changed the definition of eugenics to make damn sure anyone espousing it was a Nazi.

Baseless allegations? Nope. By some standards, you've posted worse stuff here than some of the trolls we've had in the past. The only recognizable difference (and the reason you aren't banned) is because you actually believe the crap that you preach.

I do agree that a statement should be in the rules though, so I've added one, and included a bit about not diverging from dictionary definitions of words.

I never said you "constantly" redefined words; I said we were constantly berating you for it (and it was a slight hyperbole; the number of times we've had to call you on it does strike us as high). It wasn't just the meaning of atheism, it was your insistence on arguing against common definitions of types of atheism (including agnostic atheism, strong atheism, etc) which have long been accepted.

I don't care that the Hayter-Braeloch scale doesn't resolve things; it wasn't meant to. It does, however, cover most types of people when discussing their beliefs. We were aiming for a general purpose scale for simplicities sake; nothing more. You, however, are the guy who suggested that a "theistic atheist" is a valid non-contradictory stance someone could hold [Citation], and you still can't see how we may have mistaken you for a troll? Jebus...

Messages In This Thread
Proposed Alteration to Forum Rules - by Existentialist - October 25, 2010 at 2:58 pm
RE: Proposed Alteration to Forum Rules - by Tiberius - October 25, 2010 at 3:03 pm
RE: Proposed Alteration to Forum Rules - by Existentialist - October 26, 2010 at 3:03 am
RE: Proposed Alteration to Forum Rules - by Tiberius - October 26, 2010 at 4:40 am
RE: Proposed Alteration to Forum Rules - by Existentialist - October 26, 2010 at 4:14 pm
RE: Proposed Alteration to Forum Rules - by Rhizomorph13 - October 26, 2010 at 10:24 pm
RE: Proposed Alteration to Forum Rules - by Shell B - October 27, 2010 at 8:42 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion for a minor rules change. Ravenshire 24 6370 July 8, 2015 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  just noticed the rules Coffee Jesus 28 5018 April 26, 2014 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: psychoslice
  Why is having a mod on the ignore list against rules? Something completely different 147 31581 October 31, 2013 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Religious threats and the forum rules? Something completely different 17 6045 June 2, 2013 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Rules for the R'lyeh Forum Love 18 5654 May 16, 2013 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Rules Change Shell B 16 5530 November 14, 2012 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Proposed change to rep point system, no removals, edits only Angrboda 15 7753 October 31, 2012 at 7:01 am
Last Post: jonb
  Proposed Award - New Member of the Month Jackalope 7 3928 January 2, 2012 at 11:14 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Proposed Award - Kook of the Month Jackalope 54 25146 December 30, 2011 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  When complaining about other users who have broken the rules discussion Violet 4 2275 September 18, 2009 at 6:13 am
Last Post: Retorth