Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 2:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Al Franken is latest to be accused of sexual assault
RE: Al Franken is latest to be accused of sexual assault
(November 18, 2017 at 3:15 pm)Martian Mermaid Wrote:
(November 18, 2017 at 2:07 pm)johan Wrote: Its happened to me and I'm a guy. But I never felt violated or like a victim because of it. I always just chalked it up as an unwanted advance which I put a stop to, i.e. something that happens to everyone now and then.

Now if one of those women who gave me an unwanted dick squeeze and oral tongue inspection were become say, a US senator. And if I were working for some sort of major news media company and possibly looking to make a name for myself....  Thinking

Ok now I admit I am fully aware that I'm leaving out a huge factor in all this. And that is that in every single case of women trying to force themselves on me, I never for a moment felt the least bit like I would not be able to stop the advance. IOW rape was never on the menu in my mind. I strongly suspect that for most women, that is almost always not the case. And that is a significant factor here. 

But still, the kiss in question in Franken's case was in the course of rehearsing or performing some sort of skit. I've not seen clarification either way but one would assume they were not alone at the time in such a situation. Pretty hard to be raped when you're in a room full of witnesses. 

Which brings me back to if one of those women who tried to lick my tonsils were to become a senator and I were working for a major news outlet.... Thinking

Wasn't there more than a kiss? A kiss is not so bad, but more than that can be pretty creepy, witnesses around or not, if you feel like you can't stop them. It can still be pretty upsetting.

I've definitely not seen and read everything there is the see and read on this. But everything that I have seen and read on it so far described one very inappropriate kiss, presumably in a public setting with witnesses and the picture in which his hands were very much 'in her personal space' but also very much not actually touching her. I'm aware of no other accusations beyond that.

Sexual assault victim need to be believed. No question about that. She claims that to this day, her fists clench up at the sight of him or the mention of his name or whatever. From one inappropriate kiss. She claims that so I believe her. But I also believe that tells me one of two things. Either that was one hell of a kiss the likes of which I've never known, or there's more to the story behind the clinched fists. And if there is more to the story, that's her business so if she doesn't want to reveal it, she doesn't have to. Her choice. But she's also going to have to live with the fact that short of other information, the choice to include the tidbit about the clenched fists over one kiss in her story is bound to make some suspicious of her credibility.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Al Franken is latest to be accused of sexual assault - by johan - November 19, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The latest billionaire space circle jerk. Brian37 38 2518 September 28, 2021 at 4:33 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Accused Kidnapper killed in Truck Accident onlinebiker 1 298 June 27, 2021 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Bannon behind bars accused of fraud. Brian37 28 1597 August 21, 2020 at 10:22 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING: Saudi Crown Prince accused of assassination plot against exiled official WinterHold 2 507 August 10, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Joe Biden facing sexual assault allegations Agnostico 48 3707 May 3, 2020 at 5:12 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  New Zealand Bans Assault Weapons chimp3 61 6002 March 28, 2019 at 8:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Saudi Arabia: Reports of torture and sexual harassment of detained activists WinterHold 0 212 January 27, 2019 at 4:56 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Saudi Arabia accused of torturing female activists by electrocution and flogging WinterHold 6 650 November 24, 2018 at 7:07 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Melania Trump says Sexual Assault victims shouldn't report unless they have evidence Divinity 116 12663 October 15, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Latest mass shooting in France CapnAwesome 20 2387 March 25, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: henryp