Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bannon behind bars accused of fraud.
Bannon behind bars accused of fraud.
Steve Bannon who is most responsible for helping getting Trump elected, has been arrested for fraud.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/20/former-t...cheme.html
RE: Bannon behind bars accused of fraud.
Here’s hoping. Juries aren’t fond of charity scams.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 20, 2020 at 11:20 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Here’s hoping. Juries aren’t fond of charity scams.

Boru

It is astounding to me that Trump has survived this long. But, when one looks at human history in general, there has unfortunately been tons of examples of corruption reaching heads of state.

My prediction with Bannon, is that he won't roll over on Trump.  I hope I am wrong. But Bannon strikes me as a "goodfella" who would rather do his time than be viewed as a rat.

Bannon was there the entire time while Trump ran. I have no doubt that Bannon has dirt on Trump. I think now personally for Bannon, since a trial won't start most likely, until after the election, Bannon has to weigh the prospect of Trump getting re-elected or voted out. 

Bannon's fraud doesn't have to be connected to Trump. But separately if Bannon has dirt on Trump, he could exchange a plea or immunity for a lighter sentence.
(August 20, 2020 at 12:03 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 20, 2020 at 11:20 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Here’s hoping. Juries aren’t fond of charity scams.

Boru

It is astounding to me that Trump has survived this long. But, when one looks at human history in general, there has unfortunately been tons of examples of corruption reaching heads of state.

My prediction with Bannon, is that he won't roll over on Trump.  I hope I am wrong. But Bannon strikes me as a "goodfella" who would rather do his time than be viewed as a rat.

Bannon was there the entire time while Trump ran. I have no doubt that Bannon has dirt on Trump. I think now personally for Bannon, since a trial won't start most likely, until after the election, Bannon has to weigh the prospect of Trump getting re-elected or voted out. 

Bannon's fraud doesn't have to be connected to Trump. But separately if Bannon has dirt on Trump, he could exchange a plea or immunity for a lighter sentence.

That wouldn’t do any good at all - you people don’t indict sitting presidents.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I think you may be overestimating the concept that there is honor among thieves.

Bannon would roll on his own mother to get out of trouble.

(August 20, 2020 at 12:05 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 20, 2020 at 12:03 pm)Brian37 Wrote: It is astounding to me that Trump has survived this long. But, when one looks at human history in general, there has unfortunately been tons of examples of corruption reaching heads of state.

Boru

Trump won't be a sitting president forever, though it feels like he already has been.  Then we have the statute of limitations that should allow plenty of time to go after the former POTUS.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Thoughts and prayers coming your way Steve-o.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
And I wouldn’t count on Bannon being a goodfella. If he’s looking at twenty years, he’ll crumble like a saltine under a jackhammer.

Boru
(August 20, 2020 at 12:05 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 20, 2020 at 12:03 pm)Brian37 Wrote: It is astounding to me that Trump has survived this long. But, when one looks at human history in general, there has unfortunately been tons of examples of corruption reaching heads of state.

Boru

I have to agree, in all seriousness, this is one time "you people" is apt.

I agree  should have indicted the fucker. 

But, the good thing is, even with that flaw, if the fucker gets voted out, he will be within the statute of limitations for all the shit he has pulled while running and in office.

I think the biggest threat won't be jail time, but lawsuits. Even if the fucker doesn't spend a day in prison, his ego will not be able to take the loss, and the lawsuits if he is out in november, are going to ruin his health next year.

If Nixon were alive today, even he would have been horrified at Trump's behavior.
It's federal charges...

A pardon could be granted...

It wouldn't surprise me if he pled guilty and asked for immediate sentancing - like before the end of Trump's term.....
(August 20, 2020 at 1:07 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: And I wouldn’t count on Bannon being a goodfella. If he’s looking at twenty years, he’ll crumble like a saltine under a jackhammer.

Boru

That would be SWEET! But just like Roger Stone, my bet is that Steve is going to hedge his bets on a pardon.  I think that is a severe gamble right now, considering Trump's approval ratings are in the tank. But, not going to try to predict anything now, considering what  happened in 2016.

The only comforting thing right now, for now, in the moment is that the Orange turd is having a bad day.

Trump is like Jason from Friday The 13th, he keeps coming back no matter how many times you kill him. But Bannon is bad, really bad for him, morso than any other minion who has been charged and convicted. I hope you are right, I really do. I hope Bannon flips. But I have seen that script before, and Trump is still in office.

If I were Bannon's lawyer, I would advise him to sing like a canary for immunity. But if Bannon is betting on 4 more years of Trump, he may not do that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accused Kidnapper killed in Truck Accident onlinebiker 1 277 June 27, 2021 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Conservatives charged in border wall fraud Foxaèr 5 408 August 20, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  BREAKING: Saudi Crown Prince accused of assassination plot against exiled official WinterHold 2 486 August 10, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "The 1 Billion Dollar Fraud" this fall on ABC Brian37 0 239 May 7, 2019 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Saudi Arabia accused of torturing female activists by electrocution and flogging WinterHold 6 609 November 24, 2018 at 7:07 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump and Tax Fraud epronovost 10 1068 October 4, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Bannon needs a whaaaambulance! Brian37 15 1562 September 30, 2018 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Pay No Attention To The Fucktard Behind The Curtain Minimalist 5 695 August 1, 2018 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Steve Bannon out at Breitbart. c172 10 1098 January 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Al Franken is latest to be accused of sexual assault John V 129 19027 December 6, 2017 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: vorlon13