Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 8:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?
RE: How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?
(November 20, 2017 at 12:26 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(November 20, 2017 at 11:48 am)Greatest I am Wrote: I agree but there are more than one Jesus that speaks to us through scriptures and I follow the way this one teaches. You will note that the church never quotes this one as they know that he preaches for freedom and not the slavery that Christianity preaches for.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesf...r_embedded

Regards
DL

Well that is interesting.  So my next probing question would like to flesh out the nature of the experience you have in mind here where I've bolded:

"Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."

I wonder whether you're expecting something wooey/supernatural or if you interpret it figuratively as alluding to something a zen buddhist might describe as satori.  Or maybe you have something psychological in mind like Jung's integration?

There are no supernatural beliefs in Gnostic Christianity.

Jesus was just 2,000 years ahead of Jung and Freud and their version of Father Complex.

I see Christianity as having corrupted their earlier and brighter thinking.

If you have a look at Michelangelo's creation painting, you will see God sitting in a background or the right hemisphere of a brain.

While at the Vatican you will also note that their largest sculpture is that of the pineal gland which the ancients saw as what would activate the right hemisphere of our brains. The Egyptian eye is also a representation of our right hemisphere.

The Jesus I quoted and his referring to our single eye is obviously saying that any God we can know is within our own minds. There are as many Gods as there are people.

You follow and ideal and are your own master.

That is what a Gnostic Christian does but calls that ideal God.

Atheists are opening what they are calling churches but are not wanting to accept the word God as the ideal which they seek within those churches.

I do not see that as a bright move and if I was an atheist, I would just call God of science or some such thing.

The religious usurped the God word from man and man has to usurp it back to show the religions for the usurpers they are. 

Atheists cannot beat the church system because of our tribal nature but atheists can beat religions at their own game.

The sooner you atheist smarten up and fight the right way for your cause, the better.

Regards
DL

(November 20, 2017 at 12:33 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(November 20, 2017 at 11:11 am)Greatest I am Wrote: No.

Do you not recognize how much damage religions have done and continue to do to society?

Should we not fight the supernatural beliefs that are the bedrock of that harm? 

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Has Jesus appeared and told you those things?

Don't be such an idiot.

Regards
DL

Messages In This Thread
RE: How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways? - by Greatest I am - November 20, 2017 at 12:51 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 12010 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 656 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1257 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11437 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Why do some people condone hell? SuicideCommando01 45 5541 May 22, 2020 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2573 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 8572 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Christians and Their Homework! chimp3 78 9274 March 6, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Republicans seem hell bent on proving their god does not exist Foxaèr 7 2297 December 23, 2017 at 4:23 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  People assuming you believe in a God Der/die AtheistIn 35 10286 July 19, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Astonished