Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 2:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In UK atheists considred more moral than theists.
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists.
(September 5, 2018 at 3:02 pm)Drich Wrote:
(September 5, 2018 at 12:14 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Citation needed.  It looks like you've garbled together several things.

ETA: Never mind.  I found your source, and it shows that you omitted a key part.  You lying twat.  From your own source: "In Latin, fetus sometimes was transferred figuratively to the newborn creature itself, or used in a sense of "offspring, brood" (as in Horace's "Germania quos horrida parturit Fetus"), but this was not the basic meaning. " (HERE)

I'll take that retraction and apology now.

Glob yourself.  Seeking atonement isn't the same as "just...not want this sin."  It's not even particularly related.  So, fail.

you can literally be this stupid has rage blinded you can you only see red? Look at how far off you were. you were going by the common usage of the word I was using the orginal defination and said so!
In Latin, fetus sometimes was transferred figuratively This means sometimes the word was used figurtivly to the newborn itself... yes you correctly added but this was not the orginal defination... so fucking what! it was sometimes used this way some times.. not only that if you would open your eyes to the defination we BOTH PROVIDED 

from Latin fetus (often, incorrectly, foetus) "the bearing or hatching of young, a bringing forth, pregnancy, childbearing, offspring," from suffixed form of PIE root  "to suck."

Those word right there jorgie right thur!righ thur! end you little tyrade and demand for anything why? because that you failed, your attempt at a legitmate correction ends with your singular understanding between the latian word and the latin defination and the same latian word and it's repurposed english defination!

You thought fetus:
Dictionary

fe·tus
ˈfēdəs/
noun
noun: fetus; plural noun: fetuses; noun: foetus; plural noun: foetuses

1. an unborn offspring of a mammal, in particular an unborn human baby more than eight weeks after conception.
    synonyms:
    embryo, unborn baby/child
    "an ultrasonic photo of the fetus"

You foolishly thought all fetus were unborn... here even in the not sometimes used version:

[/url][url=https://www.reddit.com/submit?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.etymonline.com%2Fword%2Ffetus&title=fetus%20%7C%20Origin%20and%20meaning%20of%20fetus%20by%20Online%20Etymology%20Dictionary]
the bearing or hatching of young, a bringing forthpregnancy, childbearing, offspring,The bearing the hatching the bring foruth the off spring what do all of these describe? a baby being born, a female giving birth or newly born, it is not a pre birth situation!

I don't care that you think you had an a ha moment (kinda got suckered there didn't ya, makes you look stupid and embittered cause you know your wrong and can't admit it) that if you just stick to your gun we should forget you where try to correct my useage of the word fetus in the latin means baby, rather than the english defination..

But here's the thing jorgie You were because you thought a fetus was a pre birth organism. I showed you in the latin in fact it is not. it represents a baby/new born.

You were wrong...

And, I....

Was right Again.

When will stupid people stop judging intelligence on trivial things?

if I am stupid because my spelling or grammar, then how much more stupid are you when you fail to understand a simple definition? when you fail to grasp a simple pretext, when we have to go back and fourth for pages because you despite the evidence must assume I am the one in error no matter what is said? when you can't leverage enough independent thought to push your 'thinking' outside the box they put it in at whatever school, or book you favor?

You failed hard here. My efforts don't usually include a spoon feeding of the crow, but since you were so ready to make me eat it I really need to see an effort here jorgie.
an effort that STARTS with an apology Wink

You're a fucking dishonest piece of shit. The very entry you quoted said that it was not the basic meaning of the Latin word. Do you not fucking speak English? What do you think it means to say that something is not the basic meaning of the word? You said it was the Latin for baby. That it sometimes was used figuratively to mean a baby does not change the basic definition of the word. Fetus is Latin for "the bearing, bringing forth, or hatching of young." That's the common usage of the word in Latin. And if you can't see that that is different from baby, then you're fucked in the head. That you actually think you were right just shows what a fucking moron you are. Please, explain to me what it means to say that something is not the basic meaning of a word. Go on, explain it.

You even repeated your error:
(September 5, 2018 at 3:02 pm)Drich Wrote: But here's the thing jorgie You were because you thought a fetus was a pre birth organism. I showed you in the latin in fact it is not. it represents a baby/new born.

But this is about what I expect from you. Lies and dishonesty. You misrepresented your source here, and you misrepresented your source in your thread citing scientists predicting a mini-ice-age. You're a fundamentally dishonest person, in addition to being an ignorant twat.

(September 5, 2018 at 3:02 pm)Drich Wrote:
(September 5, 2018 at 12:14 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Seeking atonement isn't the same as "just...not want this sin."  It's not even particularly related.  So, fail.
then define atonement or define seeking atonement, as it seems we are working with two different definitions..

For me atonement is forgiveness for sin in this application. if you do not want this sin the first thing we are offered is atonement for our sin... so then we must seek atonement if we are to separate ourselves from sin... how do we do that.. go back to the post before this one.

Seeking atonement is in addition to not wanting this sin, so it is not "just" not wanting this sin. The two are separate things and you can have one without the other. If I do not want this sin, but I do not believe that Christ dies for my sins, I'm still going to not want this sin, yet I am not going to believe. Believing requires an additional step so just wanting isn't enough. If I want to live to be 100, I'll need to exercise and eat right. Just wanting not to die young is not enough to actually accomplish that feat. So, no, you're wrong here as well.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Angrboda - September 5, 2018 at 5:03 pm
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 10, 2018 at 12:59 pm
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 10, 2018 at 12:52 pm
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 10, 2018 at 11:37 am
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 14, 2018 at 10:59 am
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 10, 2018 at 11:47 am
RE: In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. - by Drich - September 11, 2018 at 11:47 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moral Law LinuxGal 7 554 November 8, 2023 at 8:15 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2175 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Sad My mother believes in Jesus more than in me suffering23 56 9070 April 16, 2018 at 3:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Religious people are less intelligent than atheists Bow Before Zeus 186 21297 December 23, 2017 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Cyberman
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3449 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This Is More Complicated Than I Thought. Minimalist 1 1283 May 19, 2016 at 8:55 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Serious moral question for theist. dyresand 30 7506 September 1, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Why is Faith/Belief a Moral Issue? Rhondazvous 120 25756 August 21, 2015 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Recap - A moral question for theists dyresand 39 7437 July 15, 2015 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  A moral and ethical question for theists dyresand 131 18168 July 15, 2015 at 7:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus