Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:03 pm

Poll: Would you press the button knowing what will happen to humanity yes or no
This poll is closed.
Yes - Given the information presented to me i will press the button anyways
50.00%
2 50.00%
No - Humanity should be safe
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recap - A moral question for theists
Recap - A moral question for theists
Before we start and have a internet fight the bible is two thousand years old. That being said the second coming of jesus was a time long and gone
even the bible mentions it saying he would return soon but hasn't. The fact of the matter jesus of that time was  supossed to not come back for us
here and now but for a time that is long and gone. Then not only jesus says he is coming back, he won't be such a nice guy when he comes back 
meaning humanity would be fucked and that is the part that of the bible that theists tend to look over because that isn't the nature of jesus. But...
that is the nature of jesus even when he came down he said he did not come to bring peace at all. Going back on topic to the issue of pressing that
button not one of you would have any second thoughts as to what will happen at all? So that being said even the parts that you looked over 
were to happen with that button press and you watch people around you being struck down by angels and demons a like and then being sent to hell
would you still push that button why or why not?
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Recap - A moral question for theists
Why the recap? The original thread seemed fine.
"Soon" is a relative term.

I just put my car in a shop to be repainted. They said this should take too long, in essence I should have it back 'soon.' Which means 2 to 3 weeks.

Now to a 24 hour fruit fly 3 weeks is a couple dozen generations.

That said just because the body shop owner's idea of soon does not match the 24 hour fruit fly's idea of soon does it mean that the body shop guy is lying?

You dry sand are the fruit fly.
Christianity has been thinking it's in the end times for over a thousand years now. Acting like a kid in July thinking it'll be Christmas tomorrow.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Quote:meaning humanity would be fucked and that is the part that of the bible that theists tend to look over because that isn't the nature of jesus.

I disagree.  Most of the fuckheads LOVE that part.  Look at drippy up above.  He can't wait for his imaginary friend to show up and smite everyone who thinks he is a shithead.

And that's a lot of smiting.
I'm confused.
I'd push the button but first I'll aim at god and his angelic army of imbeciles. And may be I'll leave 1 or 2 angels alive for me to have night fun with them in bed, if they're so pretty as described in the bible... Big Grin
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
Why do you think the second coming of God has past already? No one man or man at all will push some button to create a the end of the world as we know it. So what is your question?
Would we stop the end of the world If we could? We can't. But no, I wouldn't stop it. It will be the end of evil, pain , and suffering. Why would anyone want to stop that?
Please restate your question in a more comprehensive way.
(July 13, 2015 at 12:42 pm)Drich Wrote: "Soon" is a relative term.

I just put my car in a shop to be repainted. They said this should take too long, in essence I should have it back 'soon.' Which means 2 to 3 weeks.

Now to a 24 hour fruit fly 3 weeks is a couple dozen generations.

That said just because the body shop owner's idea of soon does not match the 24 hour fruit fly's idea of soon does it mean that the body shop guy is lying?

You dry sand are the fruit fly.

Or 2 Peter 3:8 for the same idea in Holy Scripture.
Yes, 2 Peter 3:8, the Christian's favorite hole card when discussing why Jesus didn't return in the lifetimes of his listeners as allegedly promised. Of course, if I had to explain away such an embarrassment, I too might have resorted to writing a verse similar to 2 Peter's. Propagandists, after all, have to be flexible to forestall a wholesale exodus of believers when things don't pan out. The verse in 2 Peter is perfectly understandable, even unobjectionable given the culture, times, and audience for whom it was written.

But to see 21st Century people using it as a crutch to avoid acknowledging that one of the central hopes and beliefs of the early Christian community was a false prophecy is shameful and beyond pathetic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moral Law LinuxGal 7 524 November 8, 2023 at 8:15 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question to theists: When to take the bible literally? T.J. 22 1809 November 26, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Question to Theists? kartronic 10 2114 May 30, 2019 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. downbeatplumb 254 28827 September 20, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A serious question for theists dyresand 35 4833 November 12, 2016 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  Ethics question for theists - serious - looking for opinions not argument. drfuzzy 36 4752 September 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Question to Theists About the Source of Morality GrandizerII 33 7560 January 8, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  A question(s) for theists VI dyresand 25 4859 January 6, 2016 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Theists ask me a question dyresand 34 7626 January 5, 2016 at 1:14 am
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  A question for theists Part V - A new hope dyresand 12 3864 November 14, 2015 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand