Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution
RE: For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution
(October 18, 2018 at 3:29 am)android17ak47 Wrote: Bro, why rebut a fellow atheist when I am depicting this accurately with the exception that I was wrong about the 24hr period for living creatures, but it was a 48 hour period. The men of god in the bible describe a close to 6300 year period from the creation till now, and we know evolution would not having taken place. Evolution dictates that the origin of species link back to possibly a simple celled organism that resulted in mulpiplication of others, then evolution had taken place over the years as more living organisms multiplied and had to adapt to alien environments, and you know how it goes from there. The genesis story depicts SEVERAL "KINDS" of creatures being created all at once, not what evolution would dictate and predict to happen. The genesis story completely contradicts this scientific theory. THATS FACT BRO!!! 

I think you're reading this from the perspective of how you were taught as IFB... and by the way, I'm really sorry you had to grow up in that culture. That is an absolutely terrible sect of Christianity and I wouldn't begrudge you for being pissed off at religion in general if that's how you feel.

Anyway, IFB takes a literalist approach and they whitewash inconsistencies. They both believe that the bible should be read literally in the manner they happen to interpret while also ignoring the inconsistencies that pop up as a result of their interpretation. Rather than just step back and read the words that are on the page, they dictate to the deity they love so much what he must have meant.

The definition of a 24 hour day as we know it isn't supplied until day 4. The bible describes a day as being a period of time going from darkness to lightness. While the common definition of "day" as we know it today is a 24 hour period, that is not the definition that is given in the bible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution - by Aliza - October 18, 2018 at 12:18 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brahma and Abraham Fake Messiah 44 4105 September 21, 2020 at 5:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Big gods came after the rise of civilizations Foxaèr 24 2449 April 9, 2020 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1410 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Jews are behind the NZ killings. ignoramus 4 1000 March 27, 2019 at 6:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  If God of Abraham books are false Smain 6 2055 June 26, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Create a new monotheistic religion instead of clinging to the past of Abraham Kaloomi 68 9338 June 18, 2018 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  To All Those Theists Who Aren't In It For The Swag Edwardo Piet 17 2921 June 2, 2018 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  List of reasons to believe God exists? henryp 428 84532 January 21, 2018 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Get those kids o there! (Theists at Jacksonville try to pray Hurricane Irma away) causal code 20 6366 September 11, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7905 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus