Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution
RE: For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution
(October 19, 2018 at 12:14 pm)SteveII Wrote:
(October 19, 2018 at 8:56 am)android17ak47 Wrote: Not true, you need to reread genesis 1. The writer kept saying "and the evening and the morning were the next(says day 2-7)  day. There is  no reasonable open interpretation for this. This is describing the day ending having turned into evening, and the morning being the next day. These creation claims between each reference to the day ending and the next day beginning are litteral descriptions of 24hour earthly periods, this creation having being the earth.

This is amusing. You are actually arguing for a literal interpretation so you can dismiss it as scientifically inaccurate. So basically:

1. A literal reading of Gen 1-3 is correct
2. It can't be literal
3. Therefore the other 1200 chapters in the Bible are wrong.

Setting aside that the conclusion (more fully outlined in your OP) does not follow at all from the premises, tell me, who wrote the first three chapters of Genesis and when did they write it? If you are so sure (which you seem to be) of (1) you would of course know this.

Whenever I hear somebody tell me to not take something litterally from the bible, what message I get from such comment is that I shouldnt take the bible seriously period, and the only reason people even believe in this version of god is because people claim to have visions of this god, and claim these are the things that this spiritual entity tells them is true. If nothing they say is to be taken litterally, then Im to assume I shouldnt take thier vision claims seriously as well, and that leaves us with no literal god of abraham. come on now.

I believe theres a reason why these men of this god say they had visions, and not physical appearences from these entities, and thats because they dont know how to describe an experience that is not of the norm, and since I am familiar with what it is like to hallucenate, I can easily see why they would say "visions" rather than a common experience. Its just funny how so few people throughout history claim visions of entities of different religious spiritual characters, and most of the rest of us do not. Its common for any living creature including humans to have the mental health condition/disorder known as skitsophrania. I have 2 friends with this disorder and they off and on tell me of thier visions and ne of them never acknowledges that these visions are imaginary. 

In a time where this condition was unknown of, I can see how a multitude of people would people a single indivudual when superstition is common in the culture, and the rest would believe the indiviidual especially if he already has respect as a religious leader, and well after the individual's death his story gets passed down generation after generation and eventually written down in a story book or scripture as tho he really had these experiences. 

Theres good reason why with each religion who depends on people's visions, why only rare individuals have this gift and are the only ones who thier god's tend to have ever shown his face to, and thats because they suffered from these hallucenatins, whereelse the rest of us dont. These gods that anybody throughout history claim to have ever seen were in retrospect imaginary, and this is why no particular version of god has ever shown his face to everyone around the world to declare his existance and tell us what to believe and how t live and whats to look forward to after death. Its never been recorded in history to have ever  happened, and the reason is there is no god in existance that ever cared for whats going on on earth, and imo theres no god out there anyways. Its a natural world that depends on cause and effect for anything to happen and never reuired the assistance of any supernatural all powerful entity to make anything happen.

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution - by android17ak47 - October 22, 2018 at 12:48 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brahma and Abraham Fake Messiah 44 4105 September 21, 2020 at 5:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Big gods came after the rise of civilizations Foxaèr 24 2448 April 9, 2020 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1410 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Jews are behind the NZ killings. ignoramus 4 999 March 27, 2019 at 6:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  If God of Abraham books are false Smain 6 2055 June 26, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Create a new monotheistic religion instead of clinging to the past of Abraham Kaloomi 68 9337 June 18, 2018 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  To All Those Theists Who Aren't In It For The Swag Edwardo Piet 17 2914 June 2, 2018 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  List of reasons to believe God exists? henryp 428 84521 January 21, 2018 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Get those kids o there! (Theists at Jacksonville try to pray Hurricane Irma away) causal code 20 6366 September 11, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7904 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus