Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution
RE: For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution
(October 29, 2018 at 4:12 am)android17ak47 Wrote: the fact of the matter is that the israelites/hebrews had their own personal version of a god, and after this god was made up just like other cultures made up their own personal versions of gods, the hebrews gave him attributes including copycatting what other prior gods had done giving their personal god credit for these things as time went on, and these oral and written traditions as seen in the hebrew scriptures and holy bible are evident for how fake this version of god is just like all other gods are fake. 
awe.. how quaint trying to summarize and dismiss based on what 'others' have done in the region... except this God was the only "one God" religion. And not to mention the rules and religious observance were all counter culture. Not to mention the dietary restrictions made the jews a very peculiar people when compared to the others in this region.

Quote:One thing I love about this god is that he is just as evasive as any other invisible noninteracting version of gods humans have invented, and just like in other cultures, this god never reveals itsself to humans in other cultures, just to individual jews once in a great while, and always in the form of a hallucination, or im sorry I mean vision, something less than reality.
you know what I like/dis like about you? the out right abandonment and retreat from a topical discussion that you clearly copied from some place else that you didn't feel like you could argue. to this more basic low brow yah huh, to a nut/uh argument. and it only took week or so to get here.

That said God is ever interactive with his followers. I can personally attest to the time and effort he has spent with me and others like me. This is the only religion where God promises to directly interact with people. and the reason it has been around so long as the majority of the people have found this promise to be true.

Quote: This is no different from how individuals confirm the existence of a god in other religious cultures that believe in other gods. No god has ever just outright shown itself or spoke to more than one individual at a time. Two people cant hallucinate the same thing at the same time to confirm it wasn't just their mind playing tricks on them.
here's the thing sport. Religions are propped up by Demons, society and one is supported by God. People are not stupid. they may not be able to discern whether society is fueling a religion or God or Demon, they simply know a power exists and can be accessed if you xyz. Now people will continue to follow a religion if they keep getting what they are promised. their xyz.. Now if society is supporting this religion then when society falls xyz can not be full filled and religion falls.. If a demon support a religion people know the same if xyz if being met then for most they can not distinguish that between God or a demon. When the demon leaves so too does xyz. Here with Christianity not the religion but bible based Christianity xyz is defined as a personal direct relationship with God. This is almost impossible for society to fake or provide because this promise extends past a given sceity's reach. this also too extends past any demonic influence because the relationship is not based in morality but forgiveness. like it or not sport.. people are getting what they are promised by Christianity world around. and have done for literally 1000s of years. If God is a mystery to you, it's because you fell through the cracks of religion. or you did not want xyz.. If you do not want a personal relationship with God then why would he make any effort with you? if you fell through the cracks and found a life without God.. how pretentious does one have to be, to claim to be able to invalidate the life and beliefs of trillions of people over a couple thousand years, based on a few years of personal lukewarm/lackadaisical experience?

Quote:You explain me this, why in the heck would any real god just let humans around the world for thousands of years live their entire lives only being aware of a false religion and worship another god or gods, not ever having a chance to hear what is true and know it, then punish them after death for rejecting a truth they never heard? 
Do you want to know what Jesus himself had to say when asked or do you want to know what I think?
24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

In essence not everyone here in this world is 'wheat' not everyone is of the seed of God. God does not love everyone God loves everyone who simply accepts the offering of Christ by believing in him.

Quote:There's a reason why there has been so many gods worshipped and religions conceived by humans yet no god has ever just set things straight so humans wouldn't die having lived a lie.
the only lie we are under is the idea we get to decide who is and is not 'saved.' Salvation is not something we can control or elect to do by a chant ceremony or procedure. Christ and Christ alone get to decide who is and who is not Christian. You really didn't think just because you call yourself a christian makes you christian? meaning the only people in heaven are christian.. We already know that christianity is not the only religion being represented in heaven, by the nature of the relationship God had with the jews. Noah, abraham isaac joseph daniel solomon David all were up held by God the father as being very righteous men, meaning they will be in heaven, and had nothing to do with what we know as christianity. So also remember before moses men like joseph isaac abraham noah ect they were all simply deist as there wasn't an organized religion yet.

Hebrews 11 tells us that the word/Jesus Christ as in John 1:1 will judge or divide us like a double edged sword cutting us down into thi slices so that everything is transparent and everything is known. It is with this level and attention to detail that we will be judged, and again it is up to christ to determine who is and is not saved not our ceremonies not our creeds not our methodology. those assurances were given to those who do not know the holy Spirit and are unsure of their salvation. the problem with this assurance is it is brand specific and exclusionary. This is not what Jesus Teaches.

That said their will be those who see hell. alot of them will have considered themselves 'christian.'

Quote:That is because we are the ones who created gods, not the other way around, and these scriptures are sooo evident of this.
be semi smart about this.. if we created God then why would his 'rules' counter the rules of the culture? From the beginning this was true. Marriage in judaism is a big one. this gave the women rights and even control over the household, where before this women unless wealthy were see as slaves. Then what about rules to slavery.. yes yes go ahead and tell me how evil slavery is robot (because I said a key word that demands you be appalled and can't think straight till you tell me off) but now consider before judaism there were no rules in the society concerning slaves. no time limits no set pay no repercussion for bad treatment! Then an over all demand for cleanliness. certain foods, identification and prohibition against mold in the home, etc.. again if society was the creator of God then why did society demand they abolish all of the things they were comfortable with?!!? Then on the flip side how do you get millions of people to follow these laws and or rules if they all were not witnessed to God one way or another?

Even now society hates the rules of God, matter of fact not one person in the church can live a life free from what God calls sin.. so then why not simply align God with man's morality/ why not have God support society's morality why must we stand against it if we indeed created God? Then ask yourself what holds us here? Don't be stupid and assume people are all stupid. In fact we stand because God has given us what he has promised and we know who we stand for.

Quote: Sure when taken litterally the history accounts in genesis are myths, thats because no god ever told a man to say and write these things down for others to believe, its all religious tradition that has to blame for this, and the gods that are given credit for these litteral feets are just as manmade as the myths that go along with these stories in all scriptures.
I just showed you how a complete 7 day creation was completely plausible and in line with an evolutionary account without changing a word of the bible, and you just spent 1/2 hour typing up basically what amounts to a personal attack on religion itself then you want to sum up like you just refuted my post? Ah...no sorry sport you don't get to be intellectually dishonest here and not get called on your weak minded antics.

Quote:religion needs apologists to make up for how fictional these stories have been revealed to be. People believe in thier god and religion so blindly they just cant realize they have been fooled by a false religion, made up by people so long ago who couldnt but help both steal stories from other cultures to give their own personal version of god credit for fantastic events that were said to have happened, and honestly thought dreams and hallucenations by respected individuals in their religious communities were communications from the supernatural. Thank goodness for modern science, we can now explain how all of these things happen naturally, both in nature and in the mind. I just wish I hadnt been born in a time where humans still believed superstitious hogwash and killed and oppressed each other over the nonsense laws a few individuals long ago made up.

religion needs apologist because dishonest little high schoolers copy and paste formal objections people have about sweeping portions of the bible and come on message boards like this , then paste this formal work as their own.. so then an apologist goes line by line and invalidates the formal objection.. now normally if the work was yours, and not plagiarized you would be able to defend your position but if it is not then you spend 1/2 an hour making fun of religion the best way you can then in summery try and dismiss the rebuttal as if you addressed point by point.

sorry little sport this is not going to work here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution - by Drich - October 29, 2018 at 10:58 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brahma and Abraham Fake Messiah 44 4107 September 21, 2020 at 5:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Big gods came after the rise of civilizations Foxaèr 24 2452 April 9, 2020 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1412 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Jews are behind the NZ killings. ignoramus 4 1004 March 27, 2019 at 6:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  If God of Abraham books are false Smain 6 2056 June 26, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Create a new monotheistic religion instead of clinging to the past of Abraham Kaloomi 68 9339 June 18, 2018 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  To All Those Theists Who Aren't In It For The Swag Edwardo Piet 17 2929 June 2, 2018 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  List of reasons to believe God exists? henryp 428 85193 January 21, 2018 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Get those kids o there! (Theists at Jacksonville try to pray Hurricane Irma away) causal code 20 6367 September 11, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7906 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus