Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 6, 2024, 12:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus suffering vs eternal suffering of temporary sinners
RE: Jesus suffering vs eternal suffering of temporary sinners
(November 19, 2018 at 1:52 pm)tackattack Wrote:
(November 19, 2018 at 11:56 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Less immoral than a lava cesspit slide?  Do you really have to ask?  Wink

This notion that..since it allegedly created one super swell choice it just had to create one equally as shitty is more than a little bit absurd.  It could have been the choice between heaven and, you know, a sort of humdrum place doing admin work for the heavenly orgy.  Some jobs at the theme park are better than others.  Could have a heathen contingent of janitors, for example.

No I didn't really have to ask, but I did. Your example is flawed in that the janitors and secretaries are still in the theme park. Let me try a better analogy.
A space ship with eternal gravity is surrounded by eternal antigravity. You can be inside or outside, no in-between because the door is eternally locked after point X in time.
Well..yeah, sure......... and?  The other option..ofc, is to simply keep the heathens out of the themepark....at no point is there any compulsion to build the lava cesspit slide or force people to slide down one or the other.  

Quote:Whether hell is figurative or literal is moot. Whether suffering is temporary or eternal is moot. Whether it's a furnace or a parking lot is moot. After said X time you will have to live with the consequences of your choice is the point.
I'm fine with that.  Hell, however, isn't a consequence of any choice of mine.  That was gods call...allegedly, lol.  

Quote:The point on the morality of an equally shitty choice isn't absurd. After all things that aren't eternal are gone, You have A or B. If A is perfect and everything good, B should be the opposite. I don't see that as being absurd. I'm not even getting into motives with "not wishing that any should perish". I'm still not convinced the creation of Hell is immoral, but I'm open.
I don't think that you are.  I think that you have a commitment of faith to excusing your god for anything it's done.  The lord of creation is beyond our judgement, after all.

-and that's fine.....

.....but it shouldn't be impossible to realize that this is what it is.  If you're going to do it, then do it, and just be unapologetic about what you've done.  Like a god, and his lava cesspit slide.  

Tada. What's the problem?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jesus suffering vs eternal suffering of temporary sinners - by The Grand Nudger - November 19, 2018 at 1:57 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19414 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  I'm a Universalist - Can anyone convince me of 'Eternal Damnationism'? The Kreisel 16 1483 February 26, 2021 at 3:02 am
Last Post: beepete
  [Serious] What God's justification for eternal torment? SuicideCommando01 279 17783 December 18, 2020 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life? Greatest I am 30 2658 July 26, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Eternal afterlife purplepurpose 129 25040 February 14, 2018 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Christians are the greatest sinners according to their god's law rado84 25 3867 August 3, 2016 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Little children who died without Baptism go to eternal Hell?! Jehanne 34 6105 February 29, 2016 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Q: What is trans-galactic, eternal and omni-everything? A: God, necessarily? Whateverist 21 5659 August 11, 2015 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why does Jesus' "suffering" matter? luka 99 20632 July 21, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7282 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist