Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shultz knows nothing, hears nothing, sees....
RE: Shultz knows nothing, hears nothing, sees....
(January 30, 2019 at 4:36 pm)Yonadav Wrote:
(January 30, 2019 at 3:37 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Will you cut it with the "man crap".

Bullshit like that assumes only men should fight to the death, and every dispute must end up in violence, and women are not capable of leadership.

Sorry asshole, I don't have to explain myself to you.

The argument is not over you and I taking pistols at 12 paces at high noon, but TACTICS.

Shultzs is full of shit, and so is Bloomberg. If let the rich do what they want worked, then Reagan would be right and nobody would be bitching. But for you to say that dems are the same as the GOP is fucking BULLSHIT.

I am not interested in your hollow cliche grade school dares.

This is about logic. Not whom can draw their gun faster in a Eastwood Spaghetti Western.

I didn't give you a hollow grade school dare. You don't have the guts to actually support the fight that you want an elected leader to pick.  You know nothing about tactics. You know so little that you want to elect a general to fight a war that you refuse to soldier in. If we pick a fight with billionaires (and I want to), we have to understand that they will retaliate. It's going to hurt, and we have to be willing to accept the pain. They will try to drive up the prices of things in sneaky ways. They will move their wealth beyond the reach of taxes so that we have to increase deficit spending. If we are going to pick a fight with billionaires who absolutely will retaliate, we need to be willing to do whatever it takes.

If we don't do whatever it takes, our attempt to tax the billionaires will just end up making everything more expensive, and the policy will be called a failure, and we will not elect another progressive candidate again for several decades.  If we pick this fight, we can't lose it. The billionaires have already made it clear that they are willing to fight in deplorable ways. Look at how they jacked up the price of pharmaceuticals. They will do more of the same, and worse.

You don't get that. If we pick this fight, you are actually going to have fight. And by fight, I mean that you are going to have to endure some pain and refuse to cry uncle. What I am saying to you is common sense. It is obvious that you do not pick a fight with Apple unless you are willing to smash your iPhone. Because hey, it can get a whole lot worse than that. We might have to watch our sick relatives die because the billionaires placed their medicine out of reach.

If you think that we are going to put a wealth tax on the billionaires and they are just going to comply and not doing anything to retaliate, you're an idiot. We need to be willing to retaliate in return. If we don't retaliate in return, then their retaliation is just going to cost us and make the tax on them look bad, and they will win. The candidate that vows to make billionaires pay is going to need much more from us than simply our vote.

And quite frankly, we should be making an example out of Starbucks right now. We should all be telling each other to not buy Starbucks. We should be making a boycott of Starbucks as public as possible.  When billionaires try to control our politics, we need to strike back at the businesses associated with them.

Yea because everything in life is a Hollywood movie, blood sport, where we cut each other's fingers shake hands and exchange blood.

"Guts" isn't about simply rushing to the enemy just because you have anger. If it worked like that Hitler would have won.

I honestly DO NOT GIVE A FUCK what you think of my objections. The point remains you have nothing to defend what you think will work.

Messages In This Thread
Shultz knows nothing, hears nothing, sees.... - by Brian37 - January 30, 2019 at 10:14 am
RE: Shultz knows nothing, hears nothing, sees.... - by GUBU - January 31, 2019 at 2:14 am
RE: Shultz knows nothing, hears nothing, sees.... - by Brian37 - January 30, 2019 at 4:44 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Woman raped while onlookers did nothing LadyForCamus 115 6198 October 19, 2021 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Today in "Sell More And Do Nothing" Brian37 77 4716 April 12, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  This year in "sell more and do nothing" Brian37 19 1470 January 24, 2019 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Today in "Sell more and do nothing" Brian37 29 2645 November 22, 2018 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  ‘Nothing short of treasonous’ Minimalist 108 13401 July 25, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  This Is Nothing Compared To The Ass-Reaming You'll Get In Prison! Minimalist 10 1705 July 14, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: warmdecember
  So It Is Nothing New, After All Minimalist 5 1016 November 30, 2017 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Here's an asshat that really knows how to disrespect the military and veterans Jackalope 35 3753 October 13, 2017 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Nothing New Under The Sun Minimalist 10 1925 August 20, 2017 at 2:07 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Ah Texas. I expect nothing less. brewer 14 1952 May 6, 2016 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: brewer