Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 10:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] You should FEEL BAD because you disagree with me
RE: You should FEEL BAD because you disagree with me
(March 6, 2019 at 5:49 pm)Yonadav Wrote:
(March 6, 2019 at 4:57 pm)Belaqua Wrote: Most of the cruel language on line is not directed at me.

Cruel language doesn't bother me. That's just someone engaging in some nonsense that's cathartic to them. We're just names on computer screens. So I don't perceive hurtful language to be damaging to me.

I get a little more vexed when someone is just distorting my position and my character simply because they think that everything has to be an argument.  Like the idiot who recently told me that I don't seem to care about drunk driving. Fuck that guy.

I agree about the anonymity. Seems to give people licence to behave far more unpleasantly than they would in real life.

I admit that I am rarely as blunt to real life Christians than I tend to be here.  I guess I should try harder to be more civil.. Problem is I have never been able to suffer fools. Even so, I think it is possible to wound a person on a forum, intended or not.  You are indeed fortunate to be so thick skinned.

Messages In This Thread
RE: You should FEEL BAD because you disagree with me - by fredd bear - March 6, 2019 at 6:22 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how does it feel to be born in saudi arabia hourglass 7 603 October 7, 2020 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why do I feel so awkward when someone refuses a present from me? Der/die AtheistIn 21 2197 March 30, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  i feel so angry and disapointed I believe in Harry Potter 34 3590 November 5, 2019 at 3:46 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  I feel kind of uncomfortable going to counseling Der/die AtheistIn 23 2272 April 11, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I feel like my father is too severe Der/die AtheistIn 10 1117 November 7, 2018 at 1:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker