Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortion: 10 years as an atheist and I still don't get it
RE: Abortion: 10 years as an atheist and I still don't get it
Quote:Its amusing to see atheists rationalize abortion with all kinds of analogies, 
Nah there is nothing amusing about producing sound pro choice .But it is funny to watch dishonest  apologists like you lie about it 

Quote:the underlying reasoning being that the infant's life is less worth than the mother's.

Nope wrong 

Quote: All this just to comfortably have more sex.
Wrong 

Quote:You are senseless murderers at the baby scale. 

Nope but your  dishonest 

Quote:The more mature murderers who understood atheism better are the kind of exemplary leaders like Pol Pot, Mao Zedong, etc. and the pyramids of skulls associated with their names.
Atheism can never be blamed for any of these men and Islam has produced plenty of mass murdering psychopaths so STFU  

Quote:How can you justify killing millions of bacteria when you shower, atheists? Aren't they life too?
That question is actually for you

Quote:My point should be clear,
 As clear as mud 

Quote:I think. Only a superior moral reference can settle this issue. 

No one cares what an apologist hack thinks and you possess no such morality  

Quote:Avoiding this fact runs into problems,

Yup which is you problem not ours 

Quote: abortion is one instance when one simply can't have a coherent justification for ending the infant's life without earning the murderer title.
Nope you most certainly can

Quote:Of course there are. Wars happen, you know. And remember that everything in the Qur'an presupposes the existence of God, as an ultimate source of morality.
No one gives a damn what your pimative book of bullshit presupposes 

Quote:Your system can't possibly make the distinction between the human life and any other form of life,

Atheism isn't a system and yes an atheist can .It's Theism that lacks any justification of why we should give a damn  

Quote: and if you try and do that you're just borrowing religious ideals.
Nope these are not you ideals nor can you justify them 

Quote:From a materialist point of view nothing makes one more special than any virus or bacteria or living cell out there. And we can't do better than that unless we start elevating our own status.
All false .It's Theism tha fails at this

Quote:No pal, abortion is a really dark spot in your worldview as atheists.
Aheism isn't a worldview it's rejection of one .And pro choice is a light spot on the other hand Islams desire to have domination over women is your dark spot 

Quote: There is no way for you to defend it in a coherent way and, deep down, you know it's immoral to end a human life, which includes foetuses.
Yes there is and your attempts at playing mind reader fails

(February 25, 2020 at 5:22 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
(February 25, 2020 at 11:40 am)Klorophyll Wrote: Your system can't possibly make the distinction between the human life and any other form of life, and if you try and do that you're just borrowing religious ideals.

From a materialist point of view nothing makes one more special than any virus or bacteria or living cell out there. And we can't do better than that unless we start elevating our own status.

Sure it can.  I don't believe in gods, I know that there are different kinds of life.  Why did you think this would be difficult?

Now we're on to materialism.  It's important to point out that atheists don't have to be materialists, but it's no more difficult for a materialist to offer a set of value judgements than it is for you to do the same.  None of these things you're asking about are problems.  Who told you they were?  Why would they be?
Explaining REAL morality to a delusional goddist is futile .They are to brainwashed to get it .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abortion: 10 years as an atheist and I still don't get it - by The Architect Of Fate - February 25, 2020 at 6:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abortion-Killing: The Silent Genocide: 2 Billion Deaths Victims Worldwide. Nishant Xavier 343 15763 September 2, 2023 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: MarcusA
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7524 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1465 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why am I still worrying about coming out as atheist? Der/die AtheistIn 48 5537 February 11, 2018 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Would I still be an atheist if I believed this? SuperSentient 21 3554 March 23, 2017 at 3:15 am
Last Post: SuperSentient
  You can be an atheist and still follow the ten commandments as guidelines ErGingerbreadMandude 48 9711 January 30, 2017 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Controlled by fables from thousands of years ago! thool 19 2476 January 18, 2017 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  300 years, yet atheism has not grown into a viable movement | Bart Campolo mralstoner 31 4477 October 20, 2016 at 6:27 am
Last Post: comet
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 7051 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Poll for atheists - Do you still celebrate Christmas and why? jeebusmubummed 101 14699 September 17, 2016 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: DanTheOutlaw