Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 7:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby
RE: Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby
In AL stand your ground laws it is perfectly reasonable to use deadly force when " they believe the other person is engaged in kidnapping, assault, robbery, or rape.". I believe being beaten against a car falls under that definition. There is no escalation of force matrix for civilians in a stand your ground state, just that they're not the instigator. This is not even close to accidentally falling down stairs. You misread my logic and took the extreme, and are arguing ad absurdum to demonstrate your slippery slope instead of addressing my examples in good faith. I agree that women aren't just incubators and they have rights the same as everyone else. That "everyone else", in Alabama, includes the fetus they are carrying though.

That's why I used the example of instead of a fetus, it was a child bystander. So I'll ask it plainly again Can you honestly say that the victim of an accidental death in a drive-by shouldn't have the shooter punished?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby - by tackattack - July 2, 2019 at 10:43 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man Charged with Fleeing onlinebiker 4 597 May 4, 2022 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Woman raped while onlookers did nothing LadyForCamus 115 6355 October 19, 2021 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Irish government to apologise over mother-and-baby homes zebo-the-fat 6 475 January 12, 2021 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  More entitled white woman problems. brewer 62 2960 December 30, 2020 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Aristocatt
  Breonna killers not charged. Brian37 110 6413 December 15, 2020 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  BREAKING: Former Twitter employees charged with spying for Saudi Arabia WinterHold 14 903 September 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2475 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Conservatives charged in border wall fraud Foxaèr 5 419 August 20, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Woman Threatens Hispanic Couple BrianSoddingBoru4 20 975 July 3, 2020 at 2:22 am
Last Post: no one
Thumbs Up Washtenaw Deputy punches woman protestor in head onlinebiker 39 3138 June 5, 2020 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4