Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists?
RE: Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists?
(April 13, 2021 at 1:49 pm)Drich Wrote:
(February 27, 2021 at 8:28 pm)Ferrocyanide Wrote: Hello all,
I don’t come to this forum much.
I participate in various discussions elsewhere. I suppose I could invite the person to this forum.
I am an atheist.

So, I have a video on youtube, it was about the belief in a flat Earth.
I got into a discussion with someone.
He says (possibly a theist):
“Tbh, most of the conspiracy theorists I know are atheists. Maybe I'm just lucky.”

About me (Ferrocyanide):
I strongly doubt that.
I am someone who scrapes the internet. What that means is that for something like +10 y, I interact with various people all across the web.
My experience with flat earthers and other conspiracy theories is that they are nearly 100% theists (christian (good english skills, with a small dose of muslim with bad english skills).

MY QUESTION
What has your experience been with respect to flat earthers?
How about NASA + moon landing of 1969?
What about anti-vaxxers?
What about homeopathy vs medicine/biochemistry?

]]Ferrocyanide[[

As A Christian I do not know one flat earth Christian, one moon landing denier, anti vaxxers are limited to Jehovah witnesses and technically they do not believe Jesus is the one and only son of God, so can't be christian. (I don't think chrona virus vaxs should count as they are not truly a vax as they are not even FDA regulated vaxs) nor have i ever seen homeopathy being up held as the way to go ever. not to say it can't happen in the church. it's simply not popular in the church. I guess the old adage is true.. If you don't believe in Something/God you will fall for anything
You do realize that the phrase "The Church" refers to the Catholic Church, right?

And the saying "if you don't believe in something, you will fall for anything" doesn't include the word god.

Just make shit up as you go though...you do you.  We all know you are full of shit.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists? - by arewethereyet - April 13, 2021 at 2:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 11885 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 716 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  forbidding people to love each other Fake Messiah 210 24030 September 16, 2021 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 20921 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Survivalist conspiracy crap..... Brian37 27 2972 January 18, 2019 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Conspiracy after the fact onlinebiker 7 1543 October 14, 2018 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Proof of Jesus through Personal testimony. Christianity over other faiths orthodox-man 46 8317 January 29, 2018 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why do some moderates get so attached to other believers? Der/die AtheistIn 4 1262 December 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I had a religious experience the other night I_am_not_mafia 34 5443 November 22, 2017 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Are you and your significant other a "real" power couple? Foxaèr 19 2836 August 4, 2016 at 8:13 am
Last Post: ignoramus