Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists?
RE: Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists?
(April 17, 2021 at 7:59 pm)Ferrocyanide Wrote: My explanation is that you aren’t poking around the web or maybe you’ve seen them but you decided to push them under your rug.
^^^^^Please DON’T do that. Don’t lie to yourself. Accept the data as is.

Here are a few sources.
===================================
Source:
https://nowthisnews.com/videos/future/ho...-connected

“Religion might be the reason 2% of Americans believe the Earth is flat.”

“Of that flat Earth group, 52% identify as “very religious” and the tone of the flat Earth discussion on YouTube seems to back the “very religious” poll.”

“YouTuber Dave Murphy, stated, “The Bible has a very, very clear view of what this place, is, and it matches that place more than it matches this. Everything we see, the trillions of galaxies, it shows how mighty and how amazing god is. But were we praising satan’s lie? Were we looking at a lie and attaching god to it?””

Flat-Earthers even go against renowned scientists like Neil deGrasse Tyson, including YouTuber Rob Skiba, who stated, “Carl Sagan, Neil deGrasse Tyson, all these other guys, Michio Kaku, say these are spinning galaxies with billions and billions of stars, all with planets going around them, are coming to Earth. Someone’s lying. I don’t know about you, but I’m not prepared to say that it’s Isaiah, Yeshua, Pater, or John.”
it seems like you single sourced everything you believe. this is not how proper research is done. as a single source could be biased or have an agenda against a group of people or have a bias to spin information to align itself with it's internal propaganda.

for an example here are three sources that point to flat earth originating (1000's of years ago with religion) but now in modern times taken root with philosophers pseudo scientists/gen z-ers and millennials (young people who challenge everything/too stupid to know better) and good olde fashion conspiracy theorists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_flat_Earth_beliefs
https://www.livescience.com/62220-millen...elief.html (this shows only 20% are very religious and believe in flat earth which means almost 50% belief in flate earth are not mandated by religious belief.)

and the final nail in your biased/fake news coffin comes from the flat earth's scoeity official website: s the Flat Earth Theory connected to a religion?
The Flat Earth Theory is neither officially nor unofficially associated with any religion. Throughout the ages various religious institutions have championed a Flat Earth model for the world. Unfortunately this leaves us with the vestigial thought that Flat Earth theory and religions are symbiotic. They are not, even though many religions today, both mainstream and otherwise, still teach its followers that the world is flat. While they are not incorrect, believing in a Flat Earth isn't contingent upon believing in a deity or being a part of any religion.

in essence they hate the fact that people such as yourself just assume they are religious in nature, as they prefer stand on pseudo science as their foundation not God!!!
https://wiki.tfes.org/Flat_Earth_-_Frequ..._Questions

do you see how i provided three different sources, they all gave three different perspectives yet held a common core/point? That is how i can say with confidence that I have never heard christians incorporate flat earth into their beliefs.

Not to say there aren't any as you found one sect who apparently does.. but again one sect out of 30,000 doesn't mean it's the norm for everyone.

===================================

[

(April 20, 2021 at 2:36 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(April 20, 2021 at 2:19 pm)Drich Wrote: they say they are the same but they are not the same. the mear fact that the vaccine has not undergone the same trial periods as any other typical vaccine.. the normal process: https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biolo...opment-101

this process of development can take as long as 10 years.. and the fda scrutiny another 6 months to a year after the fact.
https://www.hiv.va.gov/patient/clinical-...rocess.asp

the whole development to implementation process took less than a year. there is no way " regulatory process" is the same with covid vax as with all others.

1) actually my girl "the church" is a term that refers biblically to the bride of Christ which the bible identifies as the catholic church not to be confused with thr roman or Greek or any other man man church who seeks to capitalize on the term that describes the saved/select followers of christ.

2)  Hehe so says someone who does not know the difference between the roman catholic church and 'the church' described in scripture.

3) were it so simple.. I can earnestly take any intellectually honest person and show the book chapter and verse on just about everything I have ever shared about God/The bible. the rest of you are too proud to ever admit that you did your best and failed in a crap version of religion. if you can not admit maybe you and people who believed as you did have it wrong but others can have it right, you will never be open minded enough to learn/accept anything you do not already think you know.. the catholic church/the church being a excellent example.
If you are the best the Christian god has when it comes to bringing people to the "correct" church, he is weak indeed.
wide and easy is the path to destruction.. narrow and difficult is the path to salvation. If God is indeed different than you are, why would you assume anything he has to say or demands from us will easily resonate with you?

it is funny how you all say God is built in our image and yet you hate everything about him and what he has done for us. why would we build a god that is our moral opposite?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists? - by Drich - April 20, 2021 at 2:52 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 11885 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 716 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  forbidding people to love each other Fake Messiah 210 24030 September 16, 2021 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 20930 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Survivalist conspiracy crap..... Brian37 27 2976 January 18, 2019 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Conspiracy after the fact onlinebiker 7 1543 October 14, 2018 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Proof of Jesus through Personal testimony. Christianity over other faiths orthodox-man 46 8318 January 29, 2018 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why do some moderates get so attached to other believers? Der/die AtheistIn 4 1263 December 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I had a religious experience the other night I_am_not_mafia 34 5443 November 22, 2017 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Are you and your significant other a "real" power couple? Foxaèr 19 2836 August 4, 2016 at 8:13 am
Last Post: ignoramus