Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 11:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Hate the sin, not the sinner" is such a logical fallacy
RE: "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is such a logical fallacy
(September 6, 2022 at 2:26 am)Woah0 Wrote:
(September 3, 2022 at 10:17 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Religious people hate other people who don't do them harm because they are not humanists. We take these principles for granted today because Western societies are built on humanistic principles that are based on compassion and the principle that there isn't anything wrong with doing something if that doesn't harm others. And it took centuries for people to come to that realization.

But, as I said, religious people hold to the commands from their religious books, like "kill people of other religions" or "kill gays", and that is why religion doesn't offer any morality. All that religion does is say "this is bad because God says so" without giving any explanation - making it taboo (and not morality).

Abrahamic ones atleast have a tendency to rely much on autocratic notion of society that is about purely focus on devotion (or atleast traditional Christianity and Sunni islam for one reason). It explains why their idea of heaven is not to focus so much on this world, aka math, science, education, helping next generation of people to advance, only ok if it is for the sake of God and not what they will subjectively deem as vanity. Because why should you if you can just hang out with a personal God and all that? Protestant Christianity, i will give credit they did atleast develop a work culture, i assume its due to not relying on church traditions like catholics did. So it was easier to overall accept intellectuals during Martin Luther days, as compared to having absolute control of what was ok and what is a no no. Despite how fundamentalists is a problem in this day and age with politics and such

Apparently Buddhism has a thing where math seems to be encouraged by Buddha himself. Or i had some talk on it in math class yesterday

Protestant work ethic is largely a myth.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is such a logical fallacy - by GUBU - September 7, 2022 at 3:14 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug What is this? Name that fallacy zwanzig 25 2282 October 15, 2021 at 2:09 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  The absurd need for logical proofs for God R00tKiT 225 14559 December 31, 2020 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  hate WinterHold 11 1442 November 21, 2019 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: mordant
  [Serious] Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group? GODZILLA 8 1429 February 4, 2019 at 6:43 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3390 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Homosexuality no longer a sin Foxaèr 155 19916 June 20, 2018 at 5:34 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 11094 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Did Jesus ever sin? ignoramus 59 12226 May 3, 2018 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  There Is No Sin! chimp3 236 34779 April 21, 2018 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Why as an Atheist I Cannot Sin Rhondazvous 35 8036 September 17, 2017 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Brian37