Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hate
hate
There is a post here called "love".
But I would really like to know about hate.

Well, hate exists in parallel with love, being the total opposite its conditions and development varies a lot.
For example genetic love; like love of family. Hate doesn't have a genetic origin like love.

So what is hate to you?
And is your religion making you hate certain individuals ?

I hate people that might hurt me and my loved ones.
RE: hate
I hate asparagus!

and Kim Jong for starving his people...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 14, 2019 at 3:02 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: There is a post here called "love".

Well, hate exists in parallel with love, being the total opposite its conditions and development varies a lot.
For example genetic love; like love of family. Hate doesn't have a genetic origin like love.

So what is hate to you?

The opposite of love isn't hate - it is indifference.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 14, 2019 at 3:02 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: There is a post here called "love".

So what is hate to you?

A traditional definition of love is: the desire for the good of the loved one. 

To love someone or something is to hope that only good happens to him or it; I hope it endures and thrives.

Would you say that hate is the desire for the ill of the hated thing? The hope that it suffers?
(November 14, 2019 at 6:29 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

So what is hate to you?

The opposite of love isn't hate - it is indifference.

Boru

Wasn't the synonym of indifference is "apathy" ?

(November 14, 2019 at 6:37 am)Belacqua Wrote:

So what is hate to you?

A traditional definition of love is: the desire for the good of the loved one. 

To love someone or something is to hope that only good happens to him or it; I hope it endures and thrives.

Would you say that hate is the desire for the ill of the hated thing? The hope that it suffers?

But that hope is "among" the conclusions of "love", meaning is there are many other conclusions for such feeling; "preference","longing","desire"; all are feelings that ring with love, it's not just hope.
Hate is just disappointed love. You can't hate someone if you didn't love them and feel betrayed.

Boru is correct; indifference is far worse and more painful than hatred. If your lover is angry, there is at least the chance to work it out, because their anger is implicit evidence that they want to find a way forward. If, on the other hand, they could truly care less (and it's not some kind of act) after having known you, then love is dead and hope is lost.
Any man or woman that tells you that they do not hate, as well as love, is lying to you. Having a strong disdain for something is as natural as having a strong affection for someone or something. Hate and love are simply human emotions. Outside of that, there's not really much to say about it.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
Quote:Wasn't the synonym of indifference is "apathy" ?

There are lots of synonyms for indifference, but why are you talking about synonyms? 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
At work.

Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hate leads to suffering.

To the Darkside you might be falling.

Tongue
(November 20, 2019 at 11:17 pm)mordant Wrote: Hate is just disappointed love. You can't hate someone if you didn't love them and feel betrayed.

Hitler?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is such a logical fallacy Woah0 7 956 September 7, 2022 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10838 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do people hate the actual belief in God, or just the religious organizations? goombah111 101 25449 November 14, 2016 at 4:19 am
Last Post: goombah111
  What I love, What I hate, What I want, What I believe. WinterHold 9 1622 July 18, 2016 at 5:52 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Why They Hate Us brewer 1 816 June 6, 2016 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Theists Hate Being Parodied Even More Than They Hate "Sin" Minimalist 14 4152 April 21, 2016 at 3:19 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Hate me, for I deserved to be hated Foxaèr 20 3720 September 3, 2015 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Nope
  One Overused Word That I Hate Secular Elf 48 8717 June 12, 2015 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I am starting to hate religious people and worry about it. Tweezers 46 11803 May 8, 2015 at 12:55 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hate the belief, not the believer Losty 84 12267 February 20, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Godscreated