Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request a reply to a Christian's view of Christopher Hitchens
Request a reply to a Christian's view of Christopher Hitchens
This is what was written by one Christian in one of the newspapers in our country. I need to reply to him. Request if someone here can draft a reply for me to send to the newspaper. I will appreciate it a lot.

Quote:AFTER a long battle with cancer of the esophagus, hardened atheist Christopher Hitchens author of God is not Great, finally went to meet his omnipotent maker. To the end Hitchens held steadfast to that human pride that for many years made him a hero in the eyes of the world's atheists.

He was unable to find it in himself to reach down and acknowledge to all humanity - and most probably himself - the truth he knew about God before his time was up and God's mercy ran out. He failed to heed the voice of conscience before it was too late.

Herein lies a lesson for us all to stay awake (Mark 13: 33).When we tumble with the grip of dark forces and then start to defend our false obsessions and compulsions, we inevitably come to regard our conscience as an enemy. We then feel compelled to silence the voice of conscience - not just the one inside of us, but the one in other people, which can revive our own conscience with which we are at war.

Hitchens had a certain courage. But there is a different kind of courage, the kind that's born in heaven. It's not the courage of heroics or bravado but the kind that you and I and God know about.
RE: Request a reply to a Christian's view of Christopher Hitchens
Can said reply contain a punch to the one who wrote that?
Cunt
(December 20, 2011 at 4:45 pm)frankiej Wrote: Can said reply contain a punch to the one who wrote that?

Didn't actually get what you meant, however, I will appreciate a reply that will contain words decent enough to be published. Reason for asking is that there are a lot of people on this forum experienced enough to deal with these theist assholes.

I simply want to harm someone... That is all.
Pain is the only reply they deserve Tongue
Cunt
Why are you asking other members here to draft a reply? What matters is your reply-the one you feel is necessary.
Trying to update my sig ...
(December 20, 2011 at 4:52 pm)Epimethean Wrote: Why are you asking other members here to draft a reply? What matters is your reply-the one you feel is necessary.

Just asking for pointers that I can include in my reply.
Ask DP to draft an open letter. He's good at that shit.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Mine won't help you.

I'd tell that theist asshole to blow his fairy tales out his ass.

Hitch is dead. There's no meeting any fucking "maker." He was "made" when his mom and dad fucked.

I really get so sick of these sanctimonious morons.
Oh Min.

We should get a video reply of you holding a beer and saying that. Would be so much more effective. Big Grin
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I wouldn't copy and paste this as a reply but you could always ask the author to kindly show some respect for a dead man and not essentially ban him to Hell in the newspaper right after his death.

This crap gets old when people say things like "bet he is surprised" sure many people say they aren't happy that they believe Hitchens is in Hell but they don't need to vocalize it all the time. We get it, we know that they think Hitchens is going to Hell the sensitive thing to do for Hitchens, his friends, and those who cared about him is simply to leave it alone.

According to Christian theology they are not going to gain anything by telling people that those who are already gone are going to Hell. They simply need to leave it alone and worry about those who are alive and be sensitive to the livings needs. There are a decent number of Christians who wouldn't say something like this not because they don't believe it because they know all it will do is cause pain and hostility.

Someone saying "Well this is what we believe is true!" is fine and all but whatever happened to loving sensitivity. The problem with a decent number, but certainly not all, of Christians is they follow the rules but lack the idea of actual love. This is a stupid, useless, and hurtful thing to publish especially right after his death.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35281 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2017 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Atheists, whats your view on "Stefan Molyneux" Aneiu1 1 564 November 13, 2021 at 7:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Best argument for Atheism in my view Kimoev 29 3927 September 5, 2019 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Vince
  Christopher Hitchen's birthday! Gawdzilla Sama 9 2371 April 14, 2017 at 2:10 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  Hitchens, Dawkins, Hawking, Ehrman, Coin, Sagan: Where are the Woman? Rhondazvous 44 4157 January 14, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Long before Hitchens/Dawkins/Harris...... Brian37 3 1724 March 25, 2016 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Critique of "God is Not Great" by Christoper Hitchens phil-lndn 74 12286 January 24, 2016 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Does anyone else miss Christopher Hitchens? TheMessiah 13 4294 March 12, 2015 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: QuarkDriven
  The Christian view of life being superior to the Atheist one Dolorian 16 3376 October 26, 2014 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam