Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat Robertson's 2012 Revelation
Pat Robertson's 2012 Revelation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNhrNqS0l...r_embedded

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/01/03/pa...-a-secret/

Fucking asshole.

RE: Pat Robertson's 2012 Revelation
I know I'm about to hear something brain-numbingly retarded whenever Pat Robinson opens his old, ugly face-hole.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Wait..god told pat that all of these things were going to happen, and that we desperately need prayer to stop them?
(January 3, 2012 at 8:19 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Wait..god told pat that all of these things were going to happen, and that we desperately need prayer to stop them?

He was actually quite honest.
He told us that the voices in his head told him about the future and that we should do nothing substantive about it.

Good enough for me.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Quote:Wait..god told pat that all of these things were going to happen, and that we desperately need prayer cash to stop them?

Fixed that for you.

Oh wait, I may be thinking of Oral Roberts. I can't tell the evangelists apart, they all look the same to me.
I really don't know what's worse.

That this prattling old twat thinks that god talks to him or that so many fucking idiots in this country believe that god talks to a prattling old twat.

The sooner this generation of fuckheads dies off the better we'll all be.
I don’t foresee any shortages of prattling old twats with direct lines to God for at least a few more generations Min.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Isn't it strange that when we ask the theists why doesn't god reveal himself to humanity the usual reply is so as not to remove our freewill.
Yet they see no problem with god revealing himself to idiots like Robertson.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
"If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers... "

Seems to me the same can be said no matter what it is you make a crime to teach. Correct me if I'm wrong here. Isn't it illegal to teach religion in American schools?

Anyway, here in the UK, we teach both religion and science. Let the kids decide for themselves I say. How would you like somebody else deciding something for you? I know I don 't like it. I want to decide for myself. And the only way I can do that is if I have access to all the relevant information. If there are books that have been deliberately removed from, say, the school library, how can I make a properly informed choice? And this applies to anything really. Not just the creation/evolution debate. It could apply to vegetarianism VS meat eating. Or apples VS bananas.

The interesting thing about Truth is that Truth is still Truth even if the devil speaks it. The interesting thing about Lies is that Lies are still Lies even if God speaks them.
(January 10, 2012 at 6:13 pm)JudgeDracoAmunRa Wrote: Anyway, here in the UK, we teach both religion and science.

But, not in the same class Wink

We have it right.
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Revelation 20:4 FlatAssembler 57 3433 August 1, 2023 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  2011 post from Facebook regarding 2012 "rapture" Foxaèr 1 568 May 23, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3551 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Pat Robertson: non-religious children should be beaten drfuzzy 35 10289 September 7, 2015 at 10:50 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Even Pat Robertson thinks YEC's are morons! SteelCurtain 10 2645 May 15, 2014 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  Pat Robertson - still a Dumbfuck Minimalist 6 2149 March 11, 2014 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Pat Robertson implores creationist Ken Ham to shut up Gooders1002 24 4465 February 10, 2014 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Revelation 21 10-27 Brakeman 29 7046 October 21, 2013 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Does this alter anyone’s thinking about the "Beast" of Revelation? swordwords 7 2382 April 25, 2013 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: ronedee
  Someone pinch me. I actually agree with Pat Robertson. TaraJo 2 1324 March 21, 2013 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Cinjin