Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat Robertson implores creationist Ken Ham to shut up
Pat Robertson implores creationist Ken Ham to shut up
Quote:Pat Robertson responded to the recent debate between Young Earth creationist Ken Ham and Bill Nye, a.k.a. “The Science Guy,” by reiterating his disagreement with Ham’s form of creationism.

“Let’s face it,” Robertson said, “there was a Bishop [Ussher] who added up the dates listed in Genesis and he came up with the world had been around for 6,000 years.http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/05/pa...w.facebook

You know your crazy when Pat Robertson think your crazy.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Pat Robertson implores creationist Ken Ham to shut up

Certainly not what Nye intended, but not an unwelcome result to sow dissension among the ranks.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Quote:“Let’s be real, let’s not make a joke of ourselves.”

Too late, Pat.
I wonder if Pat has an example of a creationist that is not a joke?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
For being a creationist, I think Ken Ham did ok. But Pat is a cocksucker 100%.
What level of bat shit crazy do you have to be to have Pat Robertson tell you that your adherence to scripture flies in the face of all logic?

LOL. This is hillarious!
(February 5, 2014 at 4:56 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: I wonder if Pat has an example of a creationist that is not a joke?

"a creationist that is not a joke". In the 21st century. That is a joke, right?

ROFLOL
(February 5, 2014 at 6:31 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(February 5, 2014 at 4:56 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: I wonder if Pat has an example of a creationist that is not a joke?

"a creationist that is not a joke". In the 21st century. That is a joke, right?

ROFLOL

Yep, that's what I was getting at.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Who's Pat Robertson?
This should give you an idea, Nappy.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/funny...ertson.htm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creationist Equivocation Objectivist 28 2919 December 24, 2022 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Ham vs. Craig Fake Messiah 22 1788 November 27, 2021 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Bug The Voyage That Shook The World (2009) - Creationist BS masquerading as science Duty 7 657 September 8, 2020 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3522 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  And Yet, They Work For A Fucktard Like Ham Minimalist 22 3072 July 18, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Ham Must Be Starting His Presidential Bid Minimalist 30 3636 March 4, 2017 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Washington Post Tries To Help Out Creatards and Ken Ham goes ballistic. Minimalist 12 2972 January 1, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  A Simple Way to Shut Up a Street Preacher Jonah 44 28328 August 12, 2016 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The Creationist that Ken Ham calls "stupid" drfuzzy 3 1754 May 7, 2016 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  A Creationist answered 10 questions . . . drfuzzy 26 7689 December 11, 2015 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd